Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Trailblazer. Have 7 pin connector, and 4 pin adapter. hooked up according to manufactors diagram,NOTHING WORKS!! I'm suppose to have voltage on brown wire for running lights, but I don't. I have voltage on yellow wire instead and running light work fine. However, no blinkers and when I hit the breaks they go off. I've switched the wires every way I can think of and still nothing is working properly.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
A lot of trailer lighting problems can be traced to fuses / bad ground connections / oxidized pins ( from non use ) on the factory tow vehicle / trailer 7-Box hook-up. Work from the front to the back to eliminate these factors. As mentioned above, use the search function to narrow down your specific problem. Many threads on this forum address towing/lighting problems. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

We stand-by to assist.....

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I've switched the wires every way I can think of and still nothing is working properly.
You probably have/had a problem to start with, but there is a standard wiring chart. Use it, put everything back to "standard" and start from there.

The truck is probably wired correctly, the trailer needs to be wired correctly and the adaptor is easy to test.

Usually, as TB_KSV68 said, the problem is due to poor connections. These can all be cleaned. If the poor connection is in the trailer lamp sockets, toss 'em.

When your checking the condition of the connector, at the truck, be sure to inspect the rear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you guys

I hooked everything up standard and tested all wires and all wires were wrong. They did not controll what ther were suppose to. But I got it now. Thanks to all that helped. This is a great site. I know now if I need help it is out their.:thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.