Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys I can get a really great deal on a t.b s.s motorset with transmission,and transfer case with all the accessories ecu and wiring,,

I was wondering what else I will need to swap into a 2004 bravada 4.2 i6....

I am assuming that I would need to change my irs/pumpkin...
Tbss exhaust?
Tbss axles combatible with Bravada hubs?
Or Bravada axles compatable with tbss diff?
Do I need a new crossmember/motor/trans mounts?
Bravada body wiring harness or tbss?
Tbss relays,electrical junction block?
Will my dic/ factory electronic climate control work?

Iirc, the tbss has a 4.11 rear gearing????
Most likely the tbss dash cluster ....

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Yes the tbss has 4.10 gear ratio, but id also buy an upgrade transmission from either RPM or FLT because OEM transmissions cant handle the SS engine power. If not the result is...many blow trans on short milegage theofore spending more money on repairing the trans.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
probally

BCM
coolant container under the air intake
ignition starter
definately 22 gal fuel tank
change in suspension

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
OP said full drivetrain (motor and tranny) - prolly won't need to swap the ss tranny for something else - just throwing tha tout there for clarification.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
OP said full drivetrain (motor and tranny) - prolly won't need to swap the ss tranny for something else - just throwing tha tout there for clarification.
No duh!:duh: If you have been reading threads w/ trans problems that have to do with ss onwers you would know that many onwers have their trans blown up when either stock or aftermarket parts.

Thats why he'll need an upgrade trans to handle the engine power. If he wants to repairing his trans every time the trans blows up thats fine with me. he'll be wasting more money on repairing the trans a couple of times rather than buying an upgraded trans.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
85 Posts
I've also been thinking about swapping an SS engine/trans into my EXT. I already have a heavy duty rebuild on my trans, but I think if I went to an SS engine I would throw down three or four grand and get a seriously built trans.

Chas

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
No duh!:duh: If you have been reading threads w/ trans problems that have to do with ss onwers you would know that many onwers have their trans blown up when either stock or aftermarket parts.

Thats why he'll need an upgrade trans to handle the engine power. If he wants to repairing his trans every time the trans blows up thats fine with me. he'll be wasting more money on repairing the trans a couple of times rather than buying an upgraded trans.
:iagree:

I have been reading on threads with the TBSS transmission problem.......and these one's I have read on several post have low mileage.........do it the right way........may even save you money in the end

1 - 8 of 8 Posts