Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
:woohoo::woot:Great news. TBMsport is honored to have received an invitational to the Inaugural Truckin' (magazine) Throwdown!! :woot::woohoo:

Truckin’ magazine presents THROWDOWN, where once the tire smoke clears one truck owner will be named Champion of the performance truck world.

Good Morning Enthusiasts,

Congratulations, by reading this, you are the owner/builder of an elite performance truck and we'd like to officially invite you to this year's THROWDOWN.

We’re seeing the trend of custom trucks move towards performance with owners wanting to see a return on their investment and we want you to be a part of the revolution by participating in the only truck-specific performance shootout.

Truckin’s THROWDOWN is a one-day event that will push your truck to its limits by competing against other high-performance hot-rods with beds in the following tests:

0-60-0 mph acceleration/stopping
1/4-mile performance
600-ft slalom
Technical, multi-turn autocross course
Styling competition
And new for this year, we’re working with the facilitators of El Toro Marine Base to let use a 2.25-mile road course.

-Event coverage and features will be appear in a late Summer issue.
-Video features for each truck and video footage of the event will go live on Truckinweb.com

Here is a link to last year’s THROWDOWN, which really was just us having fun, but it was such a huge success, we turned into a bona fide event. http://www.truckinweb.com/events/1101tr_truckin_throwdown_2010/index.html

For a quick teaser trailer from last year, check out:

:bonk:Let the modifications BEGIN!!! Time to find parts sponsors! Any voluteers for a pit crew in SoCal? :D

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I built mine with alot of time and love and some help from members and get respect on every trail I hit. Best of luck and do us proud.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Had to modify the HELL out of our 6L80 Transmission to Transfer case adapter, but we finally got the right measurements to make future ones adaptable to both transmissions.

As predicted, the 6L90 fits within the factory crossmember using the factory transmission mount...BARELY! :wavetowel2:

Drive/Propshafts were shortened/lengthened. I also got some insight on getting the Tap Up/Tap Down to work. Hopefully we'll have it wired up in time for the THROWDOWN.

Got a new muffler...sounds and performs.

It's alive...it's alive!!!! BIG SHOUT OUT AND THANKS TO Wayne and Nick at Wayne Jones Performances. They were really patient and had a LOT of know how to make this first time install smooth. Driveshafts fit like a GLOVE! All the custom work is clean and professional.

It had the base 2500HD tune in it and a sorta stockish hiybrid LH6/LS2 tune in it so it drove kinda weird on the maiden voyage. Tire sizes, gear ratios were wrong and mismatching. Stock torque management is RIDICULOUS. Wouldn't let full anything near full power mode at anything less than 3rd gear...even then you could just feel the motor being pulled back. Upshifts at WOT were only happening at 5500 RPMS and had the TM freakin' out!! lol. I think it's set for tow/haul mode because it downshifts through EACH gears, not ideal for long term sanity I suspect. Sounds good with the new muffler.

But I just made a few tweaks to the TCM. While it's still so-so, partial and WOT DOWNSHIFTS are SICK!! I'm talking like NOW. I'm about to upload an ECM TM near-nil reduction tune and enhanced.

We're off to California on Monday. Should be most awesomest road trip EVER! Video to come soon.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Awesome stuff you're doing.
Is the competition/fun times going on now?
Wish I was closer - sounds like a blast.

Good Luck:woot:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks...a little over 12.5hrs until competition. I think I covered all the bases. New fluids (front diff, steering, race brake, engine, trans), new race rotors/pads, CAI, Cat-back, race sway bar links/bushings, and frame braces. Still working on that perfect 6L90 shift tune.

Wish I had time to do the plugs and do an engine tune. But I'll have to just hope no TM or BTM will be enough. :tiphat

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
912 Posts
Thanks again Jesse for allowing me to come to the competition. Here are a few of the 195 pictures I took. It was a great day and their were some cool trucks including a rival suv, the SRT8 grand cherokee. In my opinion the best event was the 0-60-0 challenge where the racers had to accelerate as fast as they could and then they had to stop completely within a small area of cones. As seen in some of the pics it took Jesse a few tries before he got it, but his last run on the 0-60-0 was perfect. Without ABS, a little sideways action was involved, however, he did get a strike on one run (10 cones and a camera down that is). Overall it was a great day and we all had a really good time. It was great to meet a couple of other members and to check out some other cool trucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
22 Posts
Jacob, nice pictures, and it was great meeting you.

Too bad we all missed the best shot of all (earlier in the day) ;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
912 Posts
Jacob, nice pictures, and it was great meeting you.

Too bad we all missed the best shot of all (earlier in the day) ;)
It was great meeting you too, yes it is too bad that we missed the AWD action shot! Ill post more pics on the ss site later today.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AWESOME Pics Jake. It was great meeting you...thank you again for the help...and consider this pictures YOINKED lol:thumbsup:!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts