Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 trailblazer lt, was replacing the thermostat on it and when i was done and battery all hooked up again, it started but died after a second or 2, attempted to use a code reader, but it couldn't complete diagnosis on cat, eva, air, o2s, htr. battery acted as though there were a draw on it, tested it with a multimeter, but it was under .50 mA which i read is normal. Before all this my temp gauge in my instrument cluster stopped reading, had temp sensor replaced, gauge still didnt work hence why thermostat was replaced. Was told it could be a bus wire, not sure how to find that. Have also cleaned off terminals with wire brush.
Would the multimeter have read that as a parasitic draw?
I am wondering if the PCM somehow went bad and needs replaced?
Please help, i have a $7000 paperweight in my driveway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried replacing the ignition switch? I've heard sometimes that they go bad after the battery is disconnected. It happened in my 04 4.2 and the same thing where my gauges wouldn't work. Only the speed and rpm. Indexing it was a little tricky because I messed with it but after I got it right my gauges and everything worked. Just a shot in the dark but might be something that simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it going, thanks, decided after all the trouble its given me in the last year time to sell it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts