Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm up in Greenville, SC visiting my parents. Last year I had parked in the garage all winter break due to falling debris (nuts, leaves, etc) as I had just washed and thoroughly waxed the TB. This winter the TB is sporting the neglected natural look and I decided I didn't mind if a few leaves fell on it, maybe some bird droppings, ya know... whatever.

So this morning, my mom and I were discussing going out to run some errands. I had wanted to wait a few minutes but she wanted to go then. Glad I listened to her, the answer to the equation in the title is: Close Call.

We found this:

Which fell from this:

And the TB has a new home for the winter:

In all actuality, if the TB had been there when it fell, it would have probably missed by about a foot or two, maybe it could have bounced and hit the bumper or fender or something, but it also could have fallen on the hood if I was parked closer to the tree, which is where my parents park their truck (Toyota 4Runner). Either way, WAY too close for me.

And just a picture of my parents' place.

It's on about 2.3 acres of lightly wooded area. Some of the trees, like the one that could have dropped a deuce on my baby, are rotted and they still haven't gotten to removing dangerous ones like that. Guess I'll have a chore to do tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like its time to break out the husqvarna and take some trees down. Be sure to cut your noches' out and fall them in a safe direction (away from house and TB)
Well being away from school, I don't have much access to a gym. If cutting down a tree by axe means a good core workout, I'm in. Plus we'll need some wood for the fireplace(s).

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,077 Posts
I am glad your truck did not get hit by that debris. Now you have even more of an excuse to keep it protected safe in the garage.

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
By reading the title, I was expecting yet another sad story of misfortune. (There's been alot of that going on this winter) Glad this story had a happy ending.:thumbsup::yes:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By reading the title, I was expecting yet another sad story of misfortune. (There's been alot of that going on this winter) Glad this story had a happy ending.:thumbsup::yes:
Well I'm a pretty lucky person, most of the time. When things really count, I tend to be more fortunate, it's the small things that elude me sometimes. I'm happy about it either way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts