Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this website. I have a 2007 chevy trailblazer LS with bose. I cannot find a stereo wiring diagram that matches what's in my vehicle. I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo. Any help will be appreciated. I have been thinking about just running new speaker wires directly from the door speaker to the fton of the car, and not worry about using the stock wiring harness for the speakers. would that be a good idea?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
26 Posts
Okay you need an interface box to make new radio to work. Look at PAC rp5 gm11 on eBay. This will work with Bose, steering wheel controls and OnStar.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
I am new to this website. I have a 2007 chevy trailblazer LS with bose. I cannot find a stereo wiring diagram that matches what's in my vehicle. I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo. Any help will be appreciated. I have been thinking about just running new speaker wires directly from the door speaker to the fton of the car, and not worry about using the stock wiring harness for the speakers. would that be a good idea?
I have same year with Bose option too...I actually went through Crutchfield. I bought an Alpine deck and paid not very much more extra for all the interface goodies. It was basically plug and play with factory amp and speakers. You can keep factory door chime..and key off delay too. They were really helpful and really reasonably priced. It actually sounds so much better with the Alpine too.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Okay you need an interface box to make new radio to work. Look at PAC rp5 gm11 on eBay. This will work with Bose, steering wheel controls and OnStar.
Excellent suggestion, I got that bad boy, I will also need:

a dash kit like:
Metra Electronics 95-2001 (that is a model number not a year indication) Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for Select 1990-Up GM Vehicles
amazon url:
amzn.com/B003D3NEEU
Also Found the Scosche Dash Kit for 1992-Up General Motors Double Din Kit with Trim Ring
amzn.com/B000NWG3RO
(or do you suggest a different dash kit?)

I also found this tool kit that I may or may not need:
Belva Professional Installer Tool Kit for Interior and Trim Removal
amzn.com/B01MDKWSFP

or anything else??

Thanks for you help in input. :thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts