Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
273 Posts
LeonPhelps said:
How will this work ???? Will we have to send the ecu in, or is it something we can do on our own ??? I cant afford to be without my ride for very long, and I live in Toronto, so I would imagine that if I had to send out the ecu that it would take a few days.
you'll send the TCM and the Pcm in!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Z06 Tom said:
Me too... Mine's my daily driver, what about putting your tune in a hand held?

There are no CAN compliant handhelds available so no, and we are the only company tuning these trucks right now so no you cant do it yourself. We are working on the NEW calibration that is shipping in the trucks now this week, we want to have that done before we release it so we can upgrade anyone that doesnt have it.

I'm going to try and get a core program going, but this is normally a royal pain in the butt.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
75 Posts
GTPprix said:
There are no CAN compliant handhelds available so no, and we are the only company tuning these trucks right now so no you cant do it yourself. We are working on the NEW calibration that is shipping in the trucks now this week, we want to have that done before we release it so we can upgrade anyone that doesnt have it.

I'm going to try and get a core program going, but this is normally a royal pain in the butt.
Chris, are you saying that GM has revised their calibration since it began production? Is this engine or transmission? What did they change?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
T-Blaze SS said:
Chris, are you saying that GM has revised their calibration since it began production? Is this engine or transmission? What did they change?
Engine only, TCM is the same. They revised some parameters for generic scan tool compliance and cruise control operation.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
What about using one of the OBDII cables they market for pulling/resetting trouble codes and performing other tests from Auterra or AutoEnginuity to perform the flash? They both support CAN in their latest incarnations and work via a PC (notebook) or Palm/PPC (Autterra is Palm & AutoEnginuity is PPC)......if you could write a flasher to their cable driver, might be something to consider. - They both use a pretty basic box/circuit, just with different IDs that the software looks for.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
ylab said:
What about using one of the OBDII cables they market for pulling/resetting trouble codes and performing other tests from Auterra or AutoEnginuity to perform the flash? They both support CAN in their latest incarnations and work via a PC (notebook) or Palm/PPC (Autterra is Palm & AutoEnginuity is PPC)......if you could write a flasher to their cable driver, might be something to consider. - They both use a pretty basic box/circuit, just with different IDs that the software looks for.

I am a A/V systems control programmer and that made me dizzy :rotfl: :raspberry

·
Registered
20 Posts
LeonPhelps said:
How will this work ???? Will we have to send the ecu in, or is it something we can do on our own ??? I cant afford to be without my ride for very long, and I live in Toronto, so I would imagine that if I had to send out the ecu that it would take a few days.
I see there is another TBSS in Toronto, I had the only one for a month or so LOL, I am drivin' Black on Black! It's nice to see another one! Maybe we can have a mini-SS convention! LOL

Cheers, drop me a line if you like!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts