Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Fishhunter911 said:
Have you gotten any further on the tune? just curious if I should start saving some$$$$:undecided
Yup worked out the transmission controls today. Next week we'll be on the dyno for the final tune on my truck and then some other trucks in the area will get the tune for beta testing. After that it's going to market! :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
131 Posts
Blulytes said:
AWD...

280! wow!!! for a 40k truck? How many years, what is your balloon?

12k for an 02? not bad... they want to give me like 15 for an 04 w/ 38k
Holy depreciation batman!:rotfl: what is that 60% in 2 years :duh:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Sentinel said:
Holy depreciation batman!:rotfl: what is that 60% in 2 years :duh:

TB's and Envoys don't hold their value.:mad: Found that out when I was moving from my '03 Envoy SLT to the '05 Denali. :worried:

·
Registered
53 Posts
GTPprix said:
Yup worked out the transmission controls today. Next week we'll be on the dyno for the final tune on my truck and then some other trucks in the area will get the tune for beta testing. After that it's going to market! :)
GTPprix, I posted on the other site reguarding the issue on the ecm and tq management removal. Anyways where are you located? Im in Harrison twp. (16&Jefferson) I am definitely interested in doing this on my TBSS. what all does it entail? Could i bring the vehicle to your shop rather then sending out the computer/ thnaks mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Our shop is in the M-59 and Grosebeck area, you sure can bring your truck over :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
GTPprix said:
Our shop is in the M-59 and Grosebeck area, you sure can bring your truck over :)
whats the name of the shop and where exactly is it. Im thinking right after christmas. what all can you do so far? Whats the cost? Thanks again mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
PM me when you are ready and i'll get you all the directions ect. The canned tune for the ECM/TCM will be $399.

·
Registered
53 Posts
GTPprix said:
PM me when you are ready and i'll get you all the directions ect. The canned tune for the ECM/TCM will be $399.
SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER!!!!! HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS:)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Fishhunter911 said:
thats it I am moving to MI:eek:
Or I could always come visit you in DE hehe I have family in lower slower DE ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading this thread makes me want one more and more....

Perhaps I'll have to take a visit back to Michigan to pick it up too and have it tuned.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Reduced Operating Temp?

Chris,
I'm curious what your thoughts are about reducing the operating temperature of the LS2 with a thermistat swap. Mine runs at about 210 degrees (on the dash gauge). That seems pretty damn toasty to me. I assume everyone else's SS runs about the same.

Would reducing the operating temperature a bit (say down to 180 degrees) provide any gains? Have you considered this with the tune you are currently working on?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Oddly enough, (at least in my truck) while the ECT gauge reads 210 its actually at 180-195 (ECT reading from my Tech 2) which is right where LS2's like to run. I'm leaving the stat alone for now as it seems to be in prime territory :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ahh.. that's what I figured might be happening... dash guages strike again! I guess they are notoriously inaccurate. Thanks for the info!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts