Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! Alright so this is my first post on here so ill try to pass along as much info as I can. I have a 2006 trailblazer lt 2wd. I have owned for a few years now but within the past week I have been having electrical problems. After I turn off the car, I lose all power. I cant even use keyless entry. As I go to restart it, nothing... No lights, no chimes, nothing!... UNTIL i tap the brake. Once I tap the brake I get all power back but Everything has been reset such as the radio clock. I have the navigation radio so once this problem occurs, the navigation is reset so that instead of displaying chevy on the screen during start up, it displays DELPHI. I have no idea whats going on!! Ignition switch?? Battery? Fuses?

Mods: Not many but...
I have had the pcm tune( done months ago)
Radio mods such as video adapter for rear view camera as well as Ipod
adapter (also months ago)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
38 Posts
I would have the battery tested to see if it is going bad. My 04 traiblazer's first battery went belly up overnight and when I jump started her, all kind of crazy things went on like my headlights flashing and dash lights flashing and such until I put in a new battery and all was fine.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
2006 trailblazer starting trouble

We have had a similar experience with our 2006 trailblazer. The battery goes dead over night. We have had the battery tested 2 times at 2 different locations and it's fine and dandy. The current draws are within normal range, so they suggested putting it on a "solar charger." It's weird though because we barely even hook it up to the jumper cables and it starts right up...no wait time at all. Someone has suggested to us that it could be the computer module but idk much about this at all. We called GM to ask and they told us to take it to a GM dealership.....we already did and they couldn't find anything wrong with anything, even though the mechanic had to jump it the next morning to get it started. He tested the battery and stuff and found nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts