Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer w/ 150XXX miles. its been acting crazy it drives fine when the weather is cold. no problems. when the weather is over 65 degrees is when it seems the problem starts. I had about 10 codes and they all had to deal with the (TPS) in different readings I purchased $160:hissy: throttle body from the junk yard and replaced it it worked for a week and i got the same codes again and the reduced engine powe light back on. I replaced the gas peddle just recently and it seemed to help the problem, the service engine soon light went away and i had the codes cleared as well and the next day same problem... but I resart the engine and it drives fine for a while and seems when the peddle gets to a certain point is when the reduced engine power light kicks back on....:mad: I havent been on any far trips seeing as this is a real big problem I've check all connections and nothing visible to the eye as a problem. right now its reading two codes and I forgot to write them down but i think it was about the collant temp and another code from the recent ones...this is getting to be really annoying. and im pretty sure its killing my gas mileage:hissy:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
P0128 for the thermostat can indeed reduce your mileage.

The fan clutch or damage to its wiring can also interfere via the 5V reference circuit with the TPS and gas pedal sensors, and throw you into REP mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts