Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you to everyone who has responded! That oil pressure switch screen could make sense, but I have a mechanical gauge that is coming right off the secondary plug in the oil filter block. Unless that screen is deep enough to block both ports, that should not be my issue.

I should also note that although it only happened one time, I believe I did hear lifter clatter, which makes me believe that I am indeed losing oil pressure. What I can’t understand is why it comes back after I turn the car off and back on.

And btw, thanks to y’all for noting the mono paragraph bullshit. You must be pretty lazy if you can’t break apart a damn paragraph while you read it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,133 Posts
You $h!t in your mess kit by telling off Ravali Surfer. He's is one heck of a knowledgeable guy who, like all of us, are merely volunteers. He could have been one valuable resource for you.
Oh ... I don't mind ... I just put him on "IGNORE" and I never see his ignorance again.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
205 Posts
That's not what that means, have you ever heard of carbon buildup ?
All engines eventually have it, most likely there is carbon particles built up in older engines.

As far as monopharagraphs RAV

This answer wasn't for you in the first place it was for KollinKnack06, because he's not a lazy ass and knows how to read monopharagraphs.

That's a problem with people today.

Too lazy to do anything along with their self entitlement, if you know what commas are ? They sepparate/pause the sentence as I have demonstrated for you, if you have a problem reading monopharagraphs then YOU are the problem.

It doesn't matter whether it's the 5.3 or the 4.2, All GM products all have oil sensors with filter screens, they all work in the same way and have the same type of problems which can be fixed the same way.

This is not a grammar lesson Mr. Professor, apparently he didn't have a problem with the way I wrote correcting me as you did, he was looking for an answer, I been around the block a few decades and this isn't my first rodeo.

I hope this helps your Kindergarten mentality RAV by spacing my sentences in a retarded way just for you.

No....You're right lets write this out in the dumbest way possible because it's easier for you.

Now you can kindly piss off!!
Gee, my English teacher would have told me that monoparagraphs are a sign of laziness on the part of the writer. I agree and would think THAT is the problem with some people nowadays.

Write the way most people were taught how to write, then everyone knows what is meant. I don't know anyone, even today, that is taught poor grammar. Kind of defeats the purpose of clarity and understanding among people.

How pissed would you be if you spent good money on parts you didn't need, because of a misunderstanding? What if ECM's each decided to display trouble codes "however they wanted to?" They wouldn't be too easy to understand.

Help us, help you . . .

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Gee, my English teacher would have told me that monoparagraphs are a sign of laziness on the part of the writer. I agree and would think THAT is the problem with some people nowadays.

Write the way most people were taught how to write, then everyone knows what is meant. I don't know anyone, even today, that is taught poor grammar. Kind of defeats the purpose of clarity and understanding among people.

How pissed would you be if you spent good money on parts you didn't need, because of a misunderstanding? What if ECM's each decided to display trouble codes "however they wanted to?" They wouldn't be too easy to understand.

Help us, help you . . .
Hey guys and gals! I was going to keep my mouth shut, but guess what?

This forum, to my knowledge, has no character or word counter on it. You can use the space required to post your issue to the forum helpers. I'm not sure if self-diagnosing was a part of the forum's origin.

I was going to stay away from the "Kollin"
comment until he mentioned "LAZY". Boy the pot calling the kettle black.

It's not the reader who is lazy, it's definitely the writer who either dropped out of middle school, or just doesn't give a **** what people who care think.

To an end.... I'm 60 Y.O. and couldn't move from one grade to another until/unless I passed all grammar classes. (Thank the Lord)

Keep it up Rav and Chem. I appreciate what you guys do!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
100 Posts
That screen is indeed a problem ----- it can cause the sender to not "see" pressure because the screen is plugged up.

But --- if that's so --- and there's something that is clogging up the screen --- you've got other problems anyway.

Besides ... this is about a 4.2L engine ... so what I just said doesn't apply to the 4.2L.

And PLEASE --- no more monoparagraphs.

See my answer?
Pose your statements in approximately the same format so people will actually WANT to help you --- we're all volunteers here and I for one, refuse to do this very much --- if I have to pick paragraphs apart to see what the trouble is ... OK?​
What is the part number for the screen? I have a 4.2l engine?

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,000 Posts
Stangyog, there is no filter screen for the oil pressure switch/sending unit on a 2004 4.2 L engine.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,133 Posts
Stangyog, there is no filter screen for the oil pressure switch/sending unit on a 2004 4.2 L engine.
People don't acually read any more --- they just kinda cruise through the words, seeing it as a salad, ignoring the ones with more than 4 letters and inhale the ambience of it without understanding what they are reading.

There's no strain of consciousness any more.

I told that person:
"That screen is indeed a problem ----- it can cause the sender to not "see" pressure because the screen is plugged up.​
But --- if that's so --- and there's something that is clogging up the screen --- you've got other problems anyway.​
Besides ... this is about a 4.2L engine ... so what I just said doesn't apply to the 4.2L. "​
Next time --- if there IS a next time --- read all the way through the whole paragraph ... which is something that gets too tedious and boring to do in a monoparagraph. These kinds of people seal their own fate.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,000 Posts
I've been following this thread and I agree completely with you regarding the comprehension of the written word.

Reactions: sw904

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
119 Posts
What you mean is we have to understand the implications of what you mean to say, or something like that, lol.
Actually, it's the implications of the words used in the proper order.
Anything other could be malapropism which can easily lead to an illogical conclusion - which is the stuff of comedy, not diagnosticians.

Of course, many diagnosticians love spoonerisms, which will not lead to illogical conclusions, but smiles and laughter.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
This forum is here to have pros and semi-pros spend THEIR time to try to help in your issues. Please take the time to READ the answers IN FULL.

Though you may get 3 answers from 3 people, you should get your answer.

If you have to read twice to get the entire bulk of info. do so. You don't read half a page sitting in a library. Respect for the people that are here to help is utmost, even if some may not sound like it.

Use the forum or don't use the forum. Get in, get out, just remember the other 14,000 that need answers too.

Thanks for reading!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts