Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,674 Posts
Crap! Monoparagraphs again .......

What engine is this?

The 5.3LS engine has tons of oil pressure problems --- and they are real in spite of your furtive wishes..

If you REALLY have an oil pressure problem in a 5.3LS --- then do not drive it until you fix it.

From this point on --- I will NOT read a monoparagraph ... break your thoughts up like I have done here or I'm outa here!

I mean it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,674 Posts
......... and quit hearing Zebra hoofbeats --- they're really just horses ---

................. so keep the "diagnostic" gymnastics to a minimum and concentrate on "cause and effect" here ---

BELIEVE the gauge until you can prove it's wrong.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,674 Posts
I have just recently fix this problem in my 5.3L Envoy, the Oil pressure sensor failed and the screen was clogged, I was driving and all of the sudden oil pressure dropped to zero, I shut the engine down checked the oil and oil was fine, started it back up and oil pressure was present, when I took off the oil pressure went back to zero, I was 2 block from home, made it home, did some research and started with the cheapest fix, problem solved, I am not sure if the sensor is bad but if you are going to change the sensor change the filter screen as well this is a must, the parts are in stock at most auto dummy's for under $60 (filter screen & sensor) my cousin has the 4.6L Envoy and he had the same problem, removed and replaced sensor and filter screen and problem solved, start with cheapest fix first, you wont see the filter screen unless you have an inspection mirror and a flashlight, take an automotive pick, looks like a dental pick to remove filter screen located in the sensor port, don't worry about puncturing the screen, throw it out and replace with new, it's only a $7-$9 part, you can buy just sensor or sensor screen separately, usually it's the screen but why go through the hassel again if the sensor ended up being bad, I would buy the kit with both parts, I bought an extra screen just because, you can litteraly change these out on the fly if need be.
That screen is indeed a problem ----- it can cause the sender to not "see" pressure because the screen is plugged up.

But --- if that's so --- and there's something that is clogging up the screen --- you've got other problems anyway.

Besides ... this is about a 4.2L engine ... so what I just said doesn't apply to the 4.2L.

And PLEASE --- no more monoparagraphs.

See my answer?
Pose your statements in approximately the same format so people will actually WANT to help you --- we're all volunteers here and I for one, refuse to do this very much --- if I have to pick paragraphs apart to see what the trouble is ... OK?​

Reactions: Berniedorf

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,674 Posts
You $h!t in your mess kit by telling off Ravali Surfer. He's is one heck of a knowledgeable guy who, like all of us, are merely volunteers. He could have been one valuable resource for you.
Oh ... I don't mind ... I just put him on "IGNORE" and I never see his ignorance again.

Reactions: chem_man and sw904

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,674 Posts
Stangyog, there is no filter screen for the oil pressure switch/sending unit on a 2004 4.2 L engine.
People don't acually read any more --- they just kinda cruise through the words, seeing it as a salad, ignoring the ones with more than 4 letters and inhale the ambience of it without understanding what they are reading.

There's no strain of consciousness any more.

I told that person:
"That screen is indeed a problem ----- it can cause the sender to not "see" pressure because the screen is plugged up.​
But --- if that's so --- and there's something that is clogging up the screen --- you've got other problems anyway.​
Besides ... this is about a 4.2L engine ... so what I just said doesn't apply to the 4.2L. "​
Next time --- if there IS a next time --- read all the way through the whole paragraph ... which is something that gets too tedious and boring to do in a monoparagraph. These kinds of people seal their own fate.

Reactions: sw904 and chem_man
1 - 6 of 6 Posts