Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone! I bought this beautiful 2006 trailblazer LS with a 5.3 earlier this spring. Its been a dream to drive and own. A few weeks ago a tick started, and went on for a bit. Last week it finally stopped driving. Took the passenger side head off to find a missing piston in cylinder #6 and the sleeve with a missing chunk. Luckily I have an lq4 to work with. Planning on putting my 243 heads onto the lq4 block with a gm hot cam and ls6 springs. I'm not looking to have a hot rod, but rather a daily driver with plenty of power. All engine work (aside from final assembly) will be done by Dave @ Floyd's in west Michigan. Any help as I go through this endeavor will be greatly appreciated as I've never worked with v8s before this.
Ill be posting pictures as much as I can through the entire build and swap
Thank you, and I hope to Learn much, much more!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
I'd kinda like to find a rollover LS or SS.. Want entire drivetrain to install in my '80 442... A guy's done it to his '86 442, and I really like the idea of having a setup that'd smoke all 4 tires. Dial that suspension in, and I'm sure it'd kick handling up a notch or 3... (Though surprisingly, that FE-2 suspension makes a pretty big difference in overall handling, over the standard Cutlass)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts