Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 TB with 90K miles auto transmission. I live in New England and in the winter when very cold if you dont let it warm up it sounds like a school bus for a while shifting gears. Now it has been doing it in 75 80 degree weather. It goes away after a while so far but keeps doing it for 15 or so minutes. Anyone hear of this one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
179 Posts
First off, welcome to the site. As for your noise complaint, it sounds like your fan clutch is going bad. Might not be a total failure yet, but it will happen. There are MANY MANY threads on this that include background information on the clutch itself, other users that have had this issue, and what steps to take to correct it. Just giving you a heads up, it is normal for the clutch to run faster and make a louder noise when first started, and the valve may be open moving the viscous fluid, hence the name viscous fan clutch, engaging the clutch, but it should go away after a minute or two. During this time, the transmission may not shift as smoothly this is also normal. My suggestion would be just to keep an eye on it, or better yet an ear! Let us know. Once again, welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts