Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, So I have an 04 engine after the plunge (Continue to scroll down after the image)..

For those who haven't already seen this.

Yet remember I have a 2005 model. I took it into Chevy about a few months ago about not having A/c - even after recharging it twice. I also told them that after tapping on my catalytic converter (highly suggest you do this too, I used the tail end of a mag light) and it didn't sound hollow at all. The Cat converter was replaced under the power train Warranty. I was also told that this should help with the AC problem. Well at first the truck seemed to be driving better, the A/c worked partially.. Well it's back

Running sluggish, at times idles rough, I use top Tier fuel and use Fuel injector cleaner every couple of months. I have run sea foam through the Brake booster, along with in the gas. The throttle body has been cleaned and does not have any residual build up on it. I have 73xxx miles on the truck right now, remember about 15,000 miles ago I got a new (to me) engine from an 04 TB. That engine had under 50k on it when it was installed. I have not been off roading and have been using the truck around town and on the highway. I'm due for an oil change by about a thousand miles (shouldn't be too big of a deal as I am running Castro l GTX synthetic.) I have the guys who do all of my tire work, and also installed the lift on the front of the trailblazer do all of the oil changes. They really take care of their customers which is something that I look for in a business. They give me coupons to use even if I didn't come in with one. That's true customer care. Anyways I know I am running over sized tires, which I have been since 20k miles. I'm running 255/70/16 Goodyear Silent Armor tires, have had good luck with them. But I have noticed in the past 3 months my mpg get lower and lower. I have an 05 LS so I don't have the mpg in the instrument panel like some of you all (smart ones) have. I am running royal purple gear lube in the rear differential Which hasn't been changed since the "plunge" I have not had the transmission flushed, nor has the transmission filter been replaced. So I am going to look into having that done at a local shop, while I watch. because I want to see everything that comes out of there. I've really been taking good care of it since the plunge, gas treatments every 2 months, Checking the air filter which is clean.. recently replaced. The engine is pretty clean over all, especially seeing what it has been through. I spent a good bit of time using degreaser engine spray on the fan (while it was off.. vehicle had been sitting there over night) Along with everywhere else under the hood.. with the exception of the electronic parts which I covered with plastic bags.

Now on for the A/C.. the new catalytic converter did not help the A/c work any better, I've tried another recharge but it doesn't seem do be doing much at all. The gauge on the recharge canister is broken, which really helps, but I don't think that is the problem. Looking into my papers from the dealership it says that:

6941 low refrigerant charge 1.40 Diagnose and found system low on refrigerant. Charged system and added dye to locate source of leak. Customer to return for further evaluation if performance decreases.

thermostat was opening prematurely 1.20 scanned and found code P0128. Diagnose and replaced the thermostat. refilled with fresh coolant, clear code and verify proper operation.

This was in mid April this year. Any suggestions? I have yet to see any dye or anything leaking. The only liquids that come from the vehicle are after having A/C on since (it works partially.. that's on a good day) And the other is the moisture from the exhaust.
Both my dad's Silverado and my mom's highlander's A/C will litterally freeze you out of the vehicle. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Brandon

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
890 Posts
Where is the thread about this so called plunge? I know about missing AC though, mine was dead end of June for a week and I was miserable. It wasn't even hot that time either. Best of luck to you getting it fixed.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
98 Posts
A pair of UV glasses & a UV light source are necessary to see the dye. It is not

visible to the naked eye with ordinary light.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
Don't know about the A/C, but I would have the O2 sensor checked.
The O2 sensor causes all kinds of problems, as the one you descirbed. Worth a try.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as my carmax extended warranty is only a thousand miles.. if not less from expiring I took the TB in Friday. They have quite the list. Engine mounts, making rattling noises, Headlight dimming again.. Both of these carmax denied last time so lets see if they do anything this time. I am having them flush the transmission fluid.. first time to my knowledge that it has ever been one.. Truck has 73xxx miles on it. Told them About the A/C only partially looking and that I have recharged it numerous times, and can not figure out what it is that is messing that up. its going to be $189 for the transmission flush, I know there is a how to on here, but I figured I would let them open it up .. maybe there's damage to the transmission? I figured if there was I want them to find it and carmax can put that on the extended Warranty coverage as well. I have a $75 deductible per time I use the extended warranty which for having all of that.. and some other things that I thought of too only having to pay 75$ plus the 189 for the transmission flush.

All and all I think it should turn out alright. Oh.. I also had the TB stall out when I stopped at an intersection on peachtree industrial. I Threw it in park and quickly restarted it thankfully it restarted alright. But I managed to make it home and clean all of the "stuff" out of the TB remembered to take the trailer hitch off so I could still cut some yards, using my dad's Silverado on 31s to tow the trailer. Trailblazer had just gotten filled up with fresh top Tier gasoline... Any who here's my Sunday morning update. If anyone thinks they might know what one of these many problems is.. feel free to chime in. I welcome your advice and comments. Well Folks.. Work in the morning, still have to install the new deck adjustment rod for the commercial mower.. I swear if it's not one thing its another! 2 yards tomorrow $80 in the wallet!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts