Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Trailblazer LT 4WD 6Cyl - The hood won't latch. I've seen other threads about this before, but I wanted to make a new one because it's not so much the fix that I am worried about, rather I just can't find the right part. Everytime I do a search for the hood latch replacement for a 2007 I can't find anything. 2004 is the most recent I can find. I am trying not to spend too much money in fixing this. Would the 2004 hood latch work? Or is it different. Based on the photo I saw it looks the same, but not really sure.

Also, the shop told me that the hood latch needed to be replaced. Does anyone else have maybe an easier fix that doesn't require buying a new part? I'm not really sure if it's the actual hood latch unit that is messed up of or the hood cable. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I am at work and don't have access to pics. It doesn't latch. I can open it no problem as it doesn't shut all the way. I've even driven on the highway at 80mph and it hasn't come up. It hooks enough that it doesn't come up when I'm driving but won't completely close. I am not sure if it's not catching the cable or what but it just won't shut. I'm sorry if this does not help. I am not the best at desribing things and don't really know what everything is called. Not a huge car person.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
And this problem just happened "suddenly"? No trips to the body shop beforehand, or you removing the hood, etc, etc?

Try screwing the rubber hood stops down a little at each front corner of the engine bay.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah I've only had it for a year and I have never taken it to a body shop or had the hood removed. One day I had to pop it to jump a friend who's battery died and when I tried to close it it wouldn't. Since then the only time I got it closed again was when I had my oil changed. The shop that did it was able to get it closed. Then the last time I popped the hood again, I still wasn't able to get it closed, and now nobody I know seems to be able to either.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Did you try screwing the hood stops down as i suggested?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No not yet. I am at work until 4:15. Going to try that when I get home. Thanks for the tip!

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
Try spraying(while moving it back and forth).Sounds like the 1st latch(Safty latch) is working and the 2nd is staying in the open position!Try spraying the cable same way too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I tried both suggestions, and it still won't close. Any other ideas? Also, anyone know where I might be able to locate the hood latch just in case I do need to replace it? I can't find it for a 2007 anywhere. :bonk:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
43 Posts
may sound like a dumb question but how are you trying to close the hood? just letting it drop or actually push the hood down?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have tried every way...let it slam down, close it gently then push down, and in between. No luck. I tried the slam it down when all else failed and when I got aggrivated! LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no fix for this, might have to just replace the hood latch. Still can't find the part online. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts