Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the problem... I had a the check engine light come on. I took it to autozone to get it scanned. I had three codes. I have searched these codes on the forums, but have not pin-pointed my issues. The truck is bone-stock. It only has a Valet remote start installed. Codes are...

P0758- Shift Silenoid B... suggests trying to fix other problem first...
P0410- Secondary Air Injection... I took all of the hoses off (water poured every where and the relay was corroded. Changed the relay.
P2101- Throttle Position Sensor... sensor deos not agree with the APP commanded angle. I cleaned the TB and nada...

Here are my symptoms...

1) Key is stuck in the igniton.

2) When I turn the key to the off postion it only goes to the acc position and the gear position display on the dash goes over to 3rd gear. I read on the forum that the common solution to check the IGN0 fuse under the rear seat.

3) I have checked the IGN0 fuse... This one is kinda weird. When I start the car with the remote start, it has normal power 13.95 or so. When I start it with the key, it is only at 1.35v or so. Could this be an issue with the remote start, because this just started happening. The remote starter has been on there for about a year now? Or could it be the ignition switch?

4) Acceleration is pretty crappy. If I put it in drive it revs high and moves slow. Its like I am taking off in 3rd or 4th gear. I can use the shifter manually with no problems in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & REV.

I have been at this since last Friday. I think I have addressed the sec. air inj. system issue. Where should I go now without throwing a bunch of $$ at it. Please chime in if you have had these problem please. I will continue searching and probing around the truck, but right now I am stuck. This forum has been great, I knew the problems before I had them scanned. Keep posting and sharing the knowledge everyone. Thanks, Mike.:grouphug::thx

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
What year truck?

Did you take the key out using the button directly under the ignition switch? (Push up hard on the plastic while turning to off)

Have you disconnected the battery for 20 mins to reset everything?

With the truck running, depress the brake slightly to see if you can hear the transmission interlock clicking. If yes then you have to consider the ignition switch.

Or you can look at your remote start and see if that may be your problem as it has been reported before that a remote start has all of a sudden played games with the ignition switch.

P2101 - is that the gas pedal or the sensor on the throttle body that references the butterfly opening to throttle pedal position?

This link has a ton of info including links to test procedure by a GM tech:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1m4j6-code-p2101-throttle-actuator

We await your response :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
As for the P0410- Secondary Air Injection... I would check the check valve mounted right on the cylinder head, I have replaced this on a friends truck and the parts guy at the local dealer stated that they are a common failure.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
P0758- Shift Silenoid B... suggests trying to fix other problem first...
I have nearly the same problem except its P0757 Shift Selniod B stuck on On. Mine may be a tune problem with efilive but we'll see...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all that replied. I have not accessed the button on the steering column. I did not need to. If it gets stuck, I just remote start the car and the key comes right out. Then I just hit the brake and the car turns off. I will read the article posted by Blazernut (thank you), and see if I can diagnose it. Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed... The Ignition Switch...

New Ignition switch and it fixed. So the symptoms are...

Car feels like it take off in 3rd gear
Key stuck in the ignition
And poor power to the IGN0 fuse

All equals THE IGNITION SWITCH!!!

Thanks everyone for your help:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
New Ignition switch and it fixed. So the symptoms are...

Car feels like it take off in 3rd gear
Key stuck in the ignition
And poor power to the IGN0 fuse

All equals THE IGNITION SWITCH!!!

Thanks everyone for your help:thumbsup:

Nice! But does this fix the Shift selnoid P0758 problem??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.