Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 15, almost 16. I learned how to drive in two suv's (05 Mazda Tribute and 11 Ford Escape) and I have driven bigger ones. My family is interested in purchasing a boat. However, my dad's 4 cyl. Escape will barely tow a 4-Wheeler. So, My dad want my first car to be tow-worthy. It has to be safe and also has to get decent gas mileage. Would a Chevrolet Trailblazer or GMC Envoy be a good first car in my situation? Can I expect to get decent gas mileage? Any safety complaints.

Thanks for the answers!

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
It's a truck,not a escape! What is good mileage to you? Cause trucks and good mileage is like apples and oranges.Or like buying Ferrari and want 40 mpg.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
102 Posts
I am 15, almost 16. I learned how to drive in two suv's (05 Mazda Tribute and 11 Ford Escape) and I have driven bigger ones. My family is interested in purchasing a boat. However, my dad's 4 cyl. Escape will barely tow a 4-Wheeler. So, My dad want my first car to be tow-worthy. It has to be safe and also has to get decent gas mileage. Would a Chevrolet Trailblazer or GMC Envoy be a good first car in my situation? Can I expect to get decent gas mileage? Any safety complaints.

Thanks for the answers!
Either would be a good first car. They are a full frame rear wheel drive vehicle so they are safer than an escape. Which is built more like a front wheel drive car. If you stay with the 4.2 litre you can expect around 15-17 city and up to 22 on the highway. I have a CAI on mine so I get a couple more mpg. The trailblazer is also set up from the factory with a hitch and tow package.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
I think it would be a good first car, I get 20-22 on the freeway, also have a boat that it pulls with ease, although it is a bass boat that is relatively light compared to a family boat. Keep up with maintenance and it will do good for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts