Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned that there are no factory accommodations for front tow hooks on the Envoy. Has anyone successfully installed front hooks onto an Envoy? I saw the post about a failed attempt to mount to the radiator support, but I'm looking for a success story.

I was thinking of trying to put Trailblazer hooks on my Envoy, then modifying the front fascia to accommodate them. I know the two vehicles share the same frame design, so I'm assuming the holes, weld nuts, etc. used in the Trailblazer already exist in my Envoy frame.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
The hooks themselves are threaded. Your Envoy bumper should have a nut clipped on. Remove that and reuse the same bolt.

Quickest way to find out would be to remove your own bumper and try. Once the bumper is off you will see two big bolt heads near each headlight on the bumper.

Here's some pics I have

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
541 Posts
Hmmm I never paid much attention, but in the top pic... What is that cooler for that is visible in the front lower part of your radiator? Power steering perhaps?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
940 Posts
Humm:undecided I wonder if the Ascenders ever had tow hooks. Their front bumper definatly has the space. Maybe you should try getting one of their bumpers so that you do not need the modify the Envoy's.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Humm:undecided I wonder if the Ascenders ever had tow hooks. Their front bumper definatly has the space. Maybe you should try getting one of their bumpers so that you do not need the modify the Envoy's.
IIRC, all of our sheet metal is a little bit different, so bumper covers won't cross brands...

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts