Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 chevy trailblazer ls base model and looking to put fog lights on I found a whole bolt on kit I will put pic of kit I found and if someone can tell me if that is all I would need that would be very helpful
Screenshot_20200120-175902_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you have the Fog Light switch already installed next to or directly under your headlight switch?

If so, it's already factory wired - like my 2005 EXT TB was. I just popped in a set of LEDs and they come on during low beam... then I added another relay and they only come on during High Beam - which is what I wanted anyway.

FWIW - there is NO DOT reg on amber running/fog lights as far as power, focus or when they can or cannot be on. This is AMBER - remember! If they are obnoxious, they might be cop bait - so there's that too.

White lights OTOH to the front, there can only be a total number of 4 WHITE LIGHTS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I already have the fog light button on my switch but I have the base ls model so would have to cut the holes open where fog lights would go is there a relay under the hood for fog lights that I would beable to tap into just run the wiring to that or how would I run the wires would like fog lights to come on with parking lights

·
Registered
205 Posts
You may not have the relay installed, but I am pretty sure that the wiring is already there as GM doesn't usually make different looms up for one model or another.

In the end, you can tap the signal to any of the BROWN running light wires, sending that to a relay and then power, ground and power to the fog lights.

BROWN is GM color code for running/clearance lights, and not for anything that switches like a turn signal or 4-way, etc. It will be the same color circuit for the rear taillights and license plate lights - BROWN.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So with the pic of fog light kit I put on here all I would have to do is run wiring to relay and they will work I want fog lights to stay on with parking lights, low and high beam headlights

·
Registered
205 Posts
The BROWN wires stay hot all the time the lights are on - parking, headlights, etc. If you hang the relay using the BROWN wire as the signal, YES - the lights will be on all the time the side markers, taillights and license plate lights are lit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Confirm that whatever that relay is running, is what you want.

In this case you're going to use the factory relay and that is likely all well-n-good.

If you convert to LEDs in those lights, you could prolly just run a parallel circuit if there is another light or device on that same relay. Using an incandescent pair should have no negative effects since it was built for it.

Just confirm - confirm - confirm that the relay you're picking on is the right one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also will I need to buy the fog light mounting brackets that have the bolt holes to mount the fog lights?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or would a guy be better off just to find a front bumper cover that already has the fog light holes in it?

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
182 Posts

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
182 Posts
Go to RockAuto and check part #s for each year/model . If they are the same , it should fit without problems .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the headlight switch with fog light button in my 08 LS model is it possible to wire oem fog lights to run the same way the LT model would?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I found a front bumper from 2002 ltz by the part numbers on rockauto website they are the same part number for my 2008 lt so it would fit correct?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok good deal found front bumper cover with both fog lights and wiring harness all for $70 is that a good price

1 - 20 of 23 Posts