Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Trailblazer. When I started it, it sounds like 'putt putt putt'. When I pressed on the accelerator the engine didn't rev up. All of the dash warning lights were on. I am looking for a clue as too what is wrong with it.
Could it be something with the fuel pump, regulator or injectors? I don't think it is anything electronic, I think there is something wrong mechanical.
Please help!
:cry::worried:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
How long does it putt, putt, putt?

Does it ever run good?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will keep running like that until I turn it off.
One thing I forgot to mention, if I drive a little, come to a stop, then start driving again, it will not want to accelerate so I have to pull over and turn it off. When I restart, I'll review it once and then it drives good.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
Sounding like low fuel pressure. Only enough to barely keep it running.

I'd check the fuel pressure. You need 55-60 psi. At about 48 psi it will stop running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today, I took my truck to have the year old Everstart Max battery tested. After an hour on the machine, they said that more than two cells were bad and they replaced it.
Could a bad battery have caused this kind of problem?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
Don't think so.

If your charging system is working, once the engine is running the battery is a moot point. The alternator puts out enough power to easily keep everything going on the truck.

A battery will a couple of bad cells may make it difficult to crank over and start, but once it starts the battery is of little consequence.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
If the Check Engine light is on then have the OBD2 codes read to see if the truck is trying to tell you what is wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts