Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

I'm new - just joined a few minutes ago.

I have a 2002 Trailblazer-LT.

I have never used it for towing/pulling and only have ever used the 4-high in the snow.

Yesterday I got the brilliant idea to pull up some 1960s looking shrubs from my backyard. I did some quick research online before I started and everything said to put the truck in 4-low.

That is what I did and all went well... Until I couldn't get it to come out of 4-low. I just got to work and found online that the car must be in neutral to come out of 4-low. It worked! But, my question is that I drove to work (20 miles) going 70mph in 4-low. Is this bad for my car? I am just concerned that I really effed something up. The drive in 4-low was ROUGH, so I hope I didn't do any damage.

Also, does anyone have any experience pulling up bushes/shrubs/trees? This were pretty rooted and took quite a bit of work. Is this bad for the car? I have three left that I need to do... Also, can someone please confirm that this type of job should be done in 4-low?

Thank you sooo much in advance!
Lauren :thx

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
Good morning!

I'm new - just joined a few minutes ago.

I have a 2002 Trailblazer-LT.

I have never used it for towing/pulling and only have ever used the 4-high in the snow.

Yesterday I got the brilliant idea to pull up some 1960s looking shrubs from my backyard. I did some quick research online before I started and everything said to put the truck in 4-low.

That is what I did and all went well... Until I couldn't get it to come out of 4-low. I just got to work and found online that the car must be in neutral to come out of 4-low. It worked! But, my question is that I drove to work (20 miles) going 70mph in 4-low. Is this bad for my car? I am just concerned that I really effed something up. The drive in 4-low was ROUGH, so I hope I didn't do any damage.

Also, does anyone have any experience pulling up bushes/shrubs/trees? This were pretty rooted and took quite a bit of work. Is this bad for the car? I have three left that I need to do... Also, can someone please confirm that this type of job should be done in 4-low?

Thank you sooo much in advance!
Lauren :thx
Lauren .. Welcome to the site and the family here :tiphat

First, if you could fill out your info, it might help people help you faster

70 MPH in 4 low ?! :eek: I did not think that was possible. How many miles are on your truck? Where you pulling from the from two hooks or from the back reciever? I would see when you get home, if you can still put it into 4 High and slowly drive stright for about 50 ft, then take it back out of 4 High. If that does not work, then I think you did some damage. If not, you may want to have a good mechanic you trust pull the front differntial cover and check things out to make sure. :m2:

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts

70 MPH in 4 low ?! :eek: I did not think that was possible. How many miles are on your truck? Where you pulling from the from two hooks or from the back reciever? I would see when you get home, if you can still put it into 4 High and slowly drive stright for about 50 ft, then take it back out of 4 High. If that does not work, then I think you did some damage. If not, you may want to have a good mechanic you trust pull the front differntial cover and check things out to make sure. :m2:
Well, I guess now the threads have to be merged, instead of just deleting this one, and moving the original one...

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you so much! I have about 131,000 miles on my truck. I was pulling from the back receiver. Which is better, or does it not matter?

Yeah, I got up to 70mph and it wasn't that bad moving, just pretty loud!

When I took it out 4-lo this morning, I put it in 4-high and drove for a little before switching it to 2wd. It still might be worth it to have someone look at it?:undecided

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Thank you so much! I have about 131,000 miles on my truck. I was pulling from the back receiver. Which is better, or does it not matter?

Yeah, I got up to 70mph and it wasn't that bad moving, just pretty loud!

When I took it out 4-lo this morning, I put it in 4-high and drove for a little before switching it to 2wd. It still might be worth it to have someone look at it?:undecided
If it's still driving, it's fine...

You might change the transfer case fluid, though... I'm sure it got a workout, with the dry pavement turning and speed... Make sure to get the AutoTRAC stuff from the dealer, though... Regular ATF or oil will junk the clutches in the transfer case, in very short order...

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.