Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
126 Posts
My wife bought her 2006 new, she still loves this vehicle. Aside from normal maintenance the only repair required was replacing the high limit AC switch, thermostat, and the vapor cannister purge valve. We did buy an Equinox in 2016 and relegated the TB to the second house. That lasted about six months and we sent the Equinox to the farm and brought the TB back as her daily driver. Did I mention that she loves this vehicle? We are sellng one of the houses so one of her cars must go - anybody interested in a 2016 low mileage Equinox? I have tried talking her into a new Blazer or Tahoe but she wants her TB.
My wife will sell her 2006 4.2L --- like NEVER!!!
We've owned it since it was 6mo old w/18K miles. Still on original brakes at 150K. I rode with her yesterday and can hear/feel it's going to need motor mounts soon.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
I bought my Trailblazer new in 2006. It has been the best and most reliable vehicle I have owned. It now has 234,000 miles on it without any issues, just the usual plugs, belts and one coil. I bought a 2006 BMW around the same time and it is constantly giving me problems. I do not trust the BMW to take a long trip, however, I would not hesitate to take the Trailblazer.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
92 Posts
My 2002 TrailBlazer with a little over 250,000 miles on it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have had to do some work on it, but that is expected. A few years back I had to replace the radiator, because it split along the top seam. They make radiators crappy these days, and something people have to deal with. When I got the radiator replaced I also had the water pump, and hoses replaced. About a year after that I had to replace the alternator. At just over 250,000 miles I had to get the AC compressor, and receiver drier replaced. I say that lasted quite a while. For as much mileage as I put on my Trailblazer I expect to replace some parts. I have not replaced any ball joints, etc., and the transmissions still works fine. I live in Southern California, so I do not have to deal with frame rot, body rot, etc. that is caused by salt on the roads in the winter.

By the way, I do see a lot of Trailblazers and Envoys on the road. Most of them still look very good, and some I have seen still look like new.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,651 Posts
My 2002 TrailBlazer with a little over 250,000 miles on it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have had to do some work on it, but that is expected. A few years back I had to replace the radiator, because it split along the top seam. They make radiators crappy these days, and something people have to deal with. When I got the radiator replaced I also had the water pump, and hoses replaced. About a year after that I had to replace the alternator. At just over 250,000 miles I had to get the AC compressor, and dehydrator replaced. I say that lasted quite a while. For as much mileage as I put on my Trailblazer I expect to replace some parts. I have not replaced any ball joints, etc., and the transmissions still works fine. I live in Southern California, so I do not have to deal with frame rot, body rot, etc. that is caused by salt on the roads in the winter.

By the way, I do see a lot of Trailblazers and Envoys on the road. Most of them still look very good, and some I have seen still look like new.
Dayum!
I can only wish that the original owner had ordered the optional dehydrator in my TB ...... I love me some jerky!

My TB is an ex-CHP EXT with bulletproof doors. Gotta luv those CHiPs! Mine has zero rust on the frame anywhere just like yours. .

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,232 Posts
Ravalli - I would love to have the HD electrical system in your '05 for my radio gear!

Reactions: Ravalli Surfer

·
Registered
buick rainier
29 Posts
We owned 3 Rainiers. The first one (2005 V8) lasted to 198,000 miles when it was totaled, the second one (2006 V8) lasted to 235,000 miles when we traded it in (I regret that decision) and the third one (2006 I6) we got to 218,000 miles. They are great if you take care of them and keep the maintenance up on them is my experience. Each had their little quirks, but none of them failed to get us to where we needed to be...

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I guess we are the few that enjoys our trailblazer.

I still have not seen the new ones but I see a lot of equinox rolling around and almost bought one back in 2016.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,232 Posts
I drove a 2019 Equinox when I had to leave my TrailBlazer in the shop for a day. I did my best to adjust the seat and mirrors, but I hated driving it. I just could not get comfortable in the seat.

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think the Denali looks nice. I heard there's a trailblazer or denali that has a motor operated back roof thus converting it to a truck? If so, that be awesome to have!

·
Registered
2008 I6 Envoy 175,000 miles and counting...
20 Posts
I purchased a 2008 Envoy with 160,000 miles earlier this summer. It's mission is to tow my 18' boat (approximately 3,000 lbs). I had been towing with a 1995 Jeep Cherokee with 180,000 miles. I had the Jeep for 21 years !!

I knew there were a few things wrong with the Envoy when I purchased it, most pronounced was bad front wheel bearings. But the frame seemed solid, with little to no rust anywhere, the body looked excellent and the interior was also very good. I got it for $5,000.

I ended up replacing both front wheel bearings, the thermostat, rear shocks, and a bunch of little other things including replacing all fluids and dropping the transmission pan to replace the filter.

I have to say, now that the car is in good working order I have fallen in love with it. It pulls my boat better than the old Cherokee ever dreamed of doing. Besides it's towing ability, the Envoy is just nice to drive. Very comfortable, quiet, and so much more refined in every way than the Cherokee was.

My Envoy is not a daily driver, but I have found that I'm using a lot more that I ever used the Jeep. It just comes in handy for a lot of tasks.

I'm crossing my fingers that is continues to serve me well for many years.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.