Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,153 Posts
True. I only ask because a lot of people who have repair articles and videos mention the TB is Junk.
Here's the problem as I see it ...

When things go good, nobody goes to websites to see how good they have it --- it just doesn't happen.

But --- when things go bad - then they hit the ol' Google and YT looking for someone to help cry in their beer over the POS they feel they have because somehow it ceased motivating.

It's a perception-thing --- people like to complain unless they can't find something over which to have a communal cry.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,153 Posts
Ya know ---- once you actually OWN and DRIVE a TB --- then you start seeing them all over the place - at least here in Montana where 4WD is a must.

But I see a hatbox full of them every day - same as I see a lot of Chevy Squares now that I have (partially) digested the name of "SQUARE" for them .......

... and I have a 1989 Isuzu Amigo - rare as hen's teeth - especially the '89 --- but when you have one then they seem to multiply like feral rabbits.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,153 Posts
My 2002 TrailBlazer with a little over 250,000 miles on it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have had to do some work on it, but that is expected. A few years back I had to replace the radiator, because it split along the top seam. They make radiators crappy these days, and something people have to deal with. When I got the radiator replaced I also had the water pump, and hoses replaced. About a year after that I had to replace the alternator. At just over 250,000 miles I had to get the AC compressor, and dehydrator replaced. I say that lasted quite a while. For as much mileage as I put on my Trailblazer I expect to replace some parts. I have not replaced any ball joints, etc., and the transmissions still works fine. I live in Southern California, so I do not have to deal with frame rot, body rot, etc. that is caused by salt on the roads in the winter.

By the way, I do see a lot of Trailblazers and Envoys on the road. Most of them still look very good, and some I have seen still look like new.
Dayum!
I can only wish that the original owner had ordered the optional dehydrator in my TB ...... I love me some jerky!

My TB is an ex-CHP EXT with bulletproof doors. Gotta luv those CHiPs! Mine has zero rust on the frame anywhere just like yours. .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.