Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a trouble with my DVD unit that comes with the LTZ model, a few days ago it stoped working, well the real problem is that I can watch any DVD sicne I connected my ipod in the aux input. I already did all that say te owner's manual.. but the only I got is "Disc format".. some have any idea why this happend, how to solve it ..??

Thanks

:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont thinks is a warranty issue. I've surfing in the net and I just found one case like mine, what I'm looking is to find anyone that had the same problem and the solution for it.. I don't if it can be solve change the laser lents or is necesary to buy a new unit.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
IIRC, the headunit only has so many inputs. By adding the iPod to the Aux input, you effectively cut off the DVD. This warning is on many iPod-to-OEM adapters.

A quick search of similar eBay products came up with this warning for example:

This BRAND NEW PIE GM9-AUX auxiliary input adapter allows you to interface an external audio source with your factory radio, provided your vehicle is capable of controlling a remote factory CD player (slave single CD or CD changer). It is plugged into your radio in place of the remote device. (Yes, you will lose use of your remote device with this product. If you have a remote device and want to keep it, we recommend the Peripheral PXGM9, which we also carry.)
Also, I think Roadie was referring to the fact that your car is likely still in the warranty period, so take advantage of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok..

unfortunately i'm in mexico and the perior of waranty most of the times are only one year. but let me investigate about if it still coverage.

meanwhile.. I will continue surfing the web looking for a solutions..

Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Please fix your profile, then - which says "Stocton, CA". I assume you meant to put in Stockton, but that's not accurate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fix it?

Why... I can´t have two differents address ??? the winter is better in Mexico than in the US

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You can, but when we answer questions assuming you have a US warranty, and can buy parts in the US, and get things easily from the US, and then we find out you can't, we get frustrated.

At least I do. YMMV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tanks

ok... I know that it is.. we are a very close and in some cases the SUV or car are made in mexico and is imposible to get some parts (OEM) but furtunately for me I can go to US or my family there can send me what I need.. my hope was the unit can be fixed... but if there is not solution other that buy a new one.. that is it..

Tanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts