Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need your help badly. I have taken the car to various mechanics and they can't find a problem, nothing comes up on the computer. The problem is that when I am driving at over 50 MPH and I lightly step on the gas pedal, the car hesitates/transmission slips/doesn't engage. This problem occurs only if I lightly step on the pedal (under 2000 RPM). If instead I step hard and the RPMs go over 2500 then the problem is not noticeable, it goes away. This only happens on the highway and is very strange. I have tried explaining to a few mechanics already and they give me different answers and :confused: face. Any help is appreciated. The car is a 2002 with 160,000 miles. The transmission was replaced about 2 years ago along with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
873 Posts
When the tranny was replaced was there a warranty ? Maybe take it back to the shop that did the work. There could be a correlation between the problems. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Similar issue - Can you provide some feedback?

Can you tell me if it feels like the vehicle hesitates when this happens and you seen a quick drop and then small surge in RPMs for a split second?

I'm having a very similar issue between 45 and 60 mph, if I press the gas slightly it acts as if is hesitating and experiencing "bad" fuel. If I give it the gas in this speed range, I never see the issue. It only occurs after the TB has been running for about 20 to 30 minutes, never see it when first driving.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.