Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foosh (Tom) and I hit up a trail in the Pinelands on Saturday. We only got a couple of hours of riding in and not many pics... but it was fun. Gotta go back soon...

Couple of minutes in, Tom gets stuck in this mud pit with a NASTY hole in it....

Decent water crossing...

And on our way out...

I think Tom and his buddies got a couple of pics too. Go ahead and post them up Tom. We're going to have to do it again soon... this time with more time and a real camera.... LOL

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
looks like a fun time :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Smart move going in a pair. :thumbsup: And the guy with the slick tires pulls out the guy with real offroad tires? Oh, the embarrassment. :eek:

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
yeah i'll get them or at least some up tomorrow... as my buddy said, that pit is very decieving theres a real nasty hole in it, and if you go through it in the wrong direction like i did, getting stuck is really easy. that water actually saved me alot of time cleaning the underbody from my wednesday trip (photos will come soon)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Where in the pinelands? If you fellas go again, I may be able to make a trip out there. PM me next time (although this past weekend wouldn't have worked... it was fiancee time... :laugh:).

I've been wanting to explore some of that area though... any more pics of the recovery? Cool stuff!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like a fun time :thumbsup:
Thanks... It was... just wish I had more time.

Smart move going in a pair. :thumbsup: And the guy with the slick tires pulls out the guy with real offroad tires? Oh, the embarrassment. :eek:

Thanks for the pics!
HAHA... It was a deceiving pit... but I got him out like it was nothing. No way I'd be hitting up that trail, or ANY trail, solo. Unless I have every bump, dip, turn, and pit memorized. Even then, I like the safety that another truck brings...

yeah i'll get them or at least some up tomorrow... as my buddy said, that pit is very decieving theres a real nasty hole in it, and if you go through it in the wrong direction like i did, getting stuck is really easy. that water actually saved me alot of time cleaning the underbody from my wednesday trip (photos will come soon)
You only showed me a couple, I need to see them all... LOL

Where in the pinelands? If you fellas go again, I may be able to make a trip out there. PM me next time (although this past weekend wouldn't have worked... it was fiancee time... :laugh:).

I've been wanting to explore some of that area though... any more pics of the recovery? Cool stuff!
I'm pretty certain that this is the trail we went in, if not, its not far from here on Rt. 206.... Here's a map from Owings Mills, MD to near where the trail starts...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-74.737501&sspn=0.048385,0.066948&ie=UTF8&z=9

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Dang, that's a bit closer than the GWNF trails that I frequent. Definitely let me know next time. When I get home I'll have to explore the area in delorme a bit. Do you know if a motor vehicle use map? Often areas like that have official ORV trail maps. Ya don't want to get caught on a trail that's going through private property...

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure about that trail at all, to be honest. It was my first time out there. Tom may know a little more about it. He and his buddies have been out there a few times. I don't know if they have an ORV trail map...

Check it out in Delorme... I'm down to go again. Even though I managed pretty well on my streets, I really should/need better tires. I really think that some 265/75-16 Destination ATs will let me do more on trails....

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah tires will help alot there, mario. also i don't know of a paper trail map for there but i'm pretty sure you can get one off line. that spot is where my buddy will's dad has been going since he was a kid. and i know its not private property. i'll work on getting the opther photos sent to me

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
nah man i go to rutgers, but i live down by monmouth

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
Looks like a good time. You guys will have to let me know next time too!! I would make a day trip.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah dizzle sounds good, the area we were in is huge, you can ride it from where we were on rt 206 (mile marker 4) all the way to exit 54 on the parkway... which i wana do at some point

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah i'm working on it, if you want to see some of the fun things down there, go to you tube and type in wharton state forest offroading, the water road is on of the famous trails

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
well i can't find any trail maps really online, but the entrance is at mile marker 4 and the trails are quite long... next time i go i'll record a rough map hopefully. and maybe i can find someone with a gps that will mark our path and create a map based off it

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts