Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was just taking a ride in the woods over the weekend and came across a puddle that was deeper than expected and water came in from under the door how can i prevent this from happening. Pictures to come once i figure it out.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Most I've taken in on a long 20-22" deep water crossing was about a gallon. Need to double up on the door seals to do better, or else do the door seal stiffness mod (look for that article.)

More than that - the traditional trick is to get out, seal all the lower parts of the door cracks with painter's masking tape BEFORE the trail run, and climb in through the window or the back hatch to drive.

Or live with it as part of the post-run clean-up.

If a little water bothers you too much, it's not the VEHICLE whose trail rating you should be worrying about. :thumbsup:

·
Northeast Chapter
1,515 Posts
lift kit, 32" tires.......we went through a LOT of water (river crossing) at TECORE and I saw none inside my truck.....nobody else did either. Search "tecore" and check out the vids and pictures....water over headlights, and not a drop on the inside...:undecided

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.