Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired this rig for next to nothing. Pretty well road ready. Broke a brake line and power steering return first few days but now no issues.
Picked up this plow for a few hundred bucks. Made a plow bracket myself. Figured I’d post it on here cause I only found a few posts about it.
I had the plow on to see if it functions, but right now there’s no snow so I took it off again to make some repairs and give it a bit of paint. I’ll post a pic next time it’s on.
I have a 2” front and 1” rear level kit ordered as with the plow up this rig is within 2-3” to the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at a few sites and couldn’t find any. I have bilstein 5100 shocks on my ram 1500 and I would’ve went that route for the lift but spacers will do the job I think and they’re cheaper. With the 5100s you’ll get a higher ride height with the same comfort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the 2” front level kit is in. I’ll post a pic tomorrow. With the plow down is a big difference. It does look level, put a nice look on the machine as well. But with the plow up I measured 1/2” higher, lol so I’m assuming the spring is still to weak and is sitting pretty much the same place. I didn’t install the rear 1” spacer. Either way a half inch is a half inch I guess, better then nothing.
That’s a lot in some places!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
139 Posts
Don't be afraid to try coil spring rubber "donuts". We use them in racing for quick in race adjustments. We even cut different lengths for different desired spring rate changes. I would suggest a full rubber on each front spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't be afraid to try coil spring rubber "donuts". We use them in racing for quick in race adjustments. We even cut different lengths for different desired spring rate changes. I would suggest a full rubber on each front spring.
Not sure if your referring to the same thing but before I bought the level kit I bought rubber coil spacers. I fought for an hour or so to get one side in and gave up. I got one in but couldn’t get the other.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
139 Posts
Not sure if your referring to the same thing but before I bought the level kit I bought rubber coil spacers. I fought for an hour or so to get one side in and gave up. I got one in but couldn’t get the other.
I did say we used them in race cars. You wouldn't want them falling out at 200mph.

Maybe the coil windings on the racing springs are a little farther apart, but yeah they can be a pain. If you already have them though, there are spring spreaders that are for raising a saggy spring. Maybe those would help to get them in. And a lot of silicone grease . . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im sure if I wanted them in bad enough I would’ve got them in but after reading they fall out easily I gave up. I 100% could’ve got them in with the Strut out but if I was going that far I was going to install spacers, which I done. Probably wouldn’t hurt to have the rubber ones in as well haha.
I did say we used them in race cars. You wouldn't want them falling out at 200mph.

Maybe the coil windings on the racing springs are a little farther apart, but yeah they can be a pain. If you already have them though, there are spring spreaders that are for raising a saggy spring. Maybe those would help to get them in. And a lot of silicone grease . . .

·
Registered
1 Posts
More pics

no counter weight in the back yet, plus still waiting on my level kit. Should be ok i think View attachment 56199 View attachment 56200 View attachment 56201 View attachment 56202
looks good ive got an envoy with a meyers poly plow and my front sagged hard but not that much. To fix what you need is moog 81114 coils, their for the v8 EX /EXT version of this vehicle and the envoy their rated for an additional 500+ pounds and are taller i believe by an inch or so. good for an 1-2" over stock height and MUCH stiffer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks good ive got an envoy with a meyers poly plow and my front sagged hard but not that much. To fix what you need is moog 81114 coils, their for the v8 EX /EXT version of this vehicle and the envoy their rated for an additional 500+ pounds and are taller i believe by an inch or so. good for an 1-2" over stock height and MUCH stiffer.
Bought the rough country 2” lift. I installed the front spacers but never bothered with the rear. Seems a little better.
This plow is preferably for a pickup, not a suv of this size. It’s heavy, but for what I want and where I’m going with it, it’s just fine for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts