Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling out of a gas station tonight and I was accelerating pretty hard, trying to see how the new tires handle in the nasty weather, and I hit a good sized bump and it was like my truck shut off. The traction light came on and it wouldn't let me acclerate for close to 10 seconds. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
nope i dont think thats normal perhaps u have a bad wheel speed sensor :undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
228 Posts
Yes, thats normal!

The stability control will cut wheel speed down by reducing engine power. It does this by de-activating cylinders. My 07 Trailblazer scared the PISS out of me when I experienced it the first time. Bought it new in 07 winter time in NJ and accelerated hard onto a highway, >BAM<, no power, then suddenly came back.

Talk to the dealer....supossedly there is a update for the stability control that allows more spin. I got mine tuned and de-graded the traction control function....only limits a little bit.

Also, on the shifter, there is a button, if you press it once, it turns off the traction control, press it again and it turns it back on, hold it down for about 5 seconds and it turns off the stability control.

I hated the first time it happened and it almost seems dangerous especially in NJ where drivers drive like they're in NASCAR!!!!

Don

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
The stability control will cut wheel speed down by reducing engine power. It does this by de-activating cylinders. My 07 Trailblazer scared the PISS out of me when I experienced it the first time. Bought it new in 07 winter time in NJ and accelerated hard onto a highway, >BAM<, no power, then suddenly came back.

Talk to the dealer....supossedly there is a update for the stability control that allows more spin. I got mine tuned and de-graded the traction control function....only limits a little bit.

Also, on the shifter, there is a button, if you press it once, it turns off the traction control, press it again and it turns it back on, hold it down for about 5 seconds and it turns off the stability control

Don
:iagree: i have a TBSS 2WD... big mistake in winter... that light was on so much i wouldve thought it was part of the instrument panel :rotfl:

but yes this is normal.. when it engaged on me i just took my foot off the gas and it was back to normal in seconds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts