Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer and when I back out of my driveway and put it in drive and give it a little gas the traction control light flashes. It also does it when I put it in drive and put out of my parking spot at work. Any idea on what is causing this and also what the fix is. Thank you

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,321 Posts
You would have to get the codes read for the actual reason. But more than likely it is either the steering position sensor or one the speed sensors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Speed sensor in the bearing hub assembly. I had the same issue twice. It won't throw a code. I had to take it to the GM dealer to find out which sensor was acting up. If you can remove the sensor from the hub without breaking the bolt (they are usually pretty rusted) you could try cleaning the rust from the sensor or just replace the hub assembly which is what I did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced both hub bearings about 6 - 8 months ago maybe longer. They have a lifetime warranty on both of them. So should I replace both of them or try to clean both of the sensors first. Thank you

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
You should find out what is wrong before thinking that throwing time and money at it will fix the problem. Reading code will tell you 90% of the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put my code reader on it and it isn't pulling any codes. I took it to my mechanic and he put his more advanced reader on it and still no codes. Thank you

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only way I could find out which sensor was bad was to take it to a GM dealer as their equipment will detect the problem. That's unfortunate but its the only way I know of to get results. I replaced both hubs with Moog brand and a year or so later had the same issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm on vacation next week so I will try and get it to them to check it out. I will let you know the results. Thank you

·
Registered
buick rainier
15 Posts
My daughters 2006 was doing the same thing, sometimes the ABS would kick on, and sometimes randomly the traction control would engage.

I have a (rip off) tech 2, and all I did was watch the readings from the computer, I had her drive around in circles in a parking lot until it engaged, and then watched the Tech 2. It took about 15 min of circle driving and getting dizzy but it was worth it. My tech 2 with Candi is a generic rip off Chinese one and I paid $350 or so, and it has been working flawlessly for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts