Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Traction control issure

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Dmitry 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I have an issure with my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer in Stabilitrak system. Some time ago I was recieved error message "Service stabilitrak" on my Chevy and Traction control lights on. Next I was replaced my steering wheel position sensor, but nothing changes. I was checked actual DTC codes, but there're only two codes (P0411, P0418), that is not applicable for traction control system. Also I have an issure with some of my TPMS sensor and want to change them on spring (Maybe this is important). Are anybody have the same symptoms? Thanks beforehand and have a nice day!

#2 ·
If the scanner only shows codes from the engine it is possible that the scanner is not capable of reading the code(s) for a service stabilitrak system. The Stabilitrak code(s) will be stored in the EBCM which is at a different address than the PCM. Some scanners can read the EBCM and some do not.

#3 ·
Hi! Can u recommend any scanner, which may help to diagnostic this trouble? Do u know how to diagnose this kind of issures? What are u usually do in the same situations? Dealer service is not a good idea, because they are damn stupid in the most cases with American cars (I'm from Russia:))

#4 ·
Please confirm, your "Service Stabilitrak" light is on??

For my own issues I have learned to read codes manually by using an OBD2 port adapter like the one pictured below in conjunction with either a certain Android app or a serial terminal app.

#6 ·
Car Scanner "might" read the EBCM but not at the default settings. While beginning to run the scan you will see a slider to adjust the level of scanning. Try moving that adjustment to a deeper level of scan. Start out by moving the slider just two levels higher. The highest level can take a very long time. If this is unsucessful I can advise how to manually read the EBCM.

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

#8 ·
Very often the "service Stabili-Trak" light comes on as a result of a failed steering wheel position sensor. GM started using these in 2006, so you have one. It's a ring shaped device that goes around your steering wheel shaft just below the dashboard.

Dorman makes one. DO NOT BUY THE DORMAN PART! They are junk! Get an actual GM part, from the dealer if needed.
There may be other things causing the Stabili-Trak light to come on, but the steering wheel position sensor is the big one. It's pretty much one of those things that it's not a question of IF it will fail, but WHEN.

#9 ·
Very often the "service Stabili-Trak" light comes on as a result of a failed steering wheel position sensor. GM started using these in 2006, so you have one. It's a ring shaped device that goes around your steering wheel shaft just below the dashboard.

Dorman makes one. DO NOT BUY THE DORMAN PART! They are junk! Get an actual GM part, from the dealer if needed.
There may be other things causing the Stabili-Trak light to come on, but the steering wheel position sensor is the big one. It's pretty much one of those things that it's not a question of IF it will fail, but WHEN.
I need to check the package form the sensor, but it possible, that really was a dorman... because I don't remember a white sticker on the up side of the sensor.

#11 ·
Yes, fully agree with u. But there are any symptoms or errors in this case? Because I haven't got any DTC codes or signal lights, which may indicates ABS error. More over, ABS is working... May be checking wiring between ABS and Traction Control system is needed? Is this connection exists?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.