Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Trailblazer ls 4x4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2005 TB LS. About 4 months into buying it (used) it went into Limp mode and was throwing a code for TPS. Pulled it off and the whole actuator was toast. I noticed it wasn't the original from the car so it must have been replaced at least once before I had bought it. Bought a cheaper one hoping to fix the issue and when I put the new one in, codes went away and check engine light went off. Drove fine for about 3 months maybe 4, then it went out on me again. So I bought another new one, this time not a cheap one. Put it in tonight and now everything's fine again. The one I just put in has to be at least the forth one put in this vehicle, maybe higher. I'm guessing that maybe there's just another issue Im not seeing that is causing them to go out? Or is it that common for them to go like that? Anyone have answers?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,051 Posts
What's this "LIMP MODE" everybody talks about?

There's REP and SES and various lights, but I am kinda sortta sure that's no true "limp mode" in these vehicles --- I could be wrong --- but this sounds more like a Chrysler or Fiat malady, not GM.

That said ---- > cheap parts will not make it in these vehicles --- and even of the expensive ones, there are brands that will or will not work too.

You need to know what the correct call-parts are for the things you want to replace --- so ask away!

I've got a 2000 Astro Van with a 4.3 and 420,000+ miles on it with the original parts just like the ones that you are changing for poor quality ones.

You can pay now or later --- but parts is not parts.
They jus' ain't.​

You might have to unwind all the stuff you've done - go back and replace Chinesium parts with genuine GM and start all over.

·
Registered
2005 Trailblazer ls 4x4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for such the long wait on a reply but the Limp mode I'm talking about would be the REP light.

The throttle body I have inside the car right now is at least the fourth one that has been in it, third one since I've gotten it.

The first one that went to crap on me, the actuator blew on it. It had junk yard numbers on it and was from an 04 blazer. Meaning it wasn't an original and it was changed out before I had it.

When it went out on me it went into REP mode and we had to Limp it home.

Second one in it after replacing it was a cheap Amazon part, $80 maybe. That one just ended up dying on me, still not sure what happened to it.

Had to tow car home because REP light was on and all it would do would turn over, wouldn't start though.

Replaced it with a brand new genuine GM part, making it the third one since I've owned it, and is the current one in there right now.

Getting a code for TPS throttle body. And now a new code C0055. I'm pretty sure the C0055 has nothing to do with the issue I'm asking about but just thought I'd throw it out there.

My main questions: is there something else going on, that would make my TPS throttle body go to crap every few months that I'm not seeing? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this common? Or am I the only one with this issue right now?

I replace the part, code goes away, drives fine for a few months, starts acting up again.

Even now the last few weeks it has been putting me into REP mode and i have to shut the car off and start it again for it to go away. Sometimes having to do it multiple times for it to go away.

Any advise helps!

·
Registered
2005 Trailblazer ls 4x4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's this "LIMP MODE" everybody talks about?

There's REP and SES and various lights, but I am kinda sortta sure that's no true "limp mode" in these vehicles --- I could be wrong --- but this sounds more like a Chrysler or Fiat malady, not GM.

That said ---- > cheap parts will not make it in these vehicles --- and even of the expensive ones, there are brands that will or will not work too.

You need to know what the correct call-parts are for the things you want to replace --- so ask away!

I've got a 2000 Astro Van with a 4.3 and 420,000+ miles on it with the original parts just like the ones that you are changing for poor quality ones.

You can pay now or later --- but parts is not parts.
They jus' ain't.​

You might have to unwind all the stuff you've done - go back and replace Chinesium parts with genuine GM and start all over.
Ment to tag you in my last reply^^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts