Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please tell me another way of getting into relearn procedure I've tried using light switch 4xin 3 sec I've tried AUTEL I've tried tpms relearn tool what else could possibly be the problem. Just noticed emergency park light is not acknowledged on instrument cluster what could this be
From what I've read this has to be acknowledged before entering programming mode.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,516 Posts
Is everything else OK with you liftgate module? Keyfobs work etc? That is the module responsible for the TPMS.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have an 05 Yukon with TPMS. That vehicles TPMS is part of the passenger door module. While I could get the learning mode started I could never get it to recognize all 4 wheels due to old batteries in the sensors. I ended up using my bluetooth obd2 adapter and just wrote in the proper sensor ID values into the proper memory locations myself.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
241 Posts
Please tell me another way of getting into relearn procedure I've tried using light switch 4xin 3 sec
Tell me point by point what you are doing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 05 Yukon with TPMS. That vehicles TPMS is part of the passenger door module. While I could get the learning mode started I could never get it to recognize all 4 wheels due to old batteries in the sensors. I ended up using my bluetooth obd2 adapter and just wrote in the proper sensor ID values into the proper memory locations myself.
I have new sensors locations I can display but...while driving display still says
Tell me point by point what you are doing
FIRST pull parking brake, SECOND turn key to on position without starting vehicle, THIRD flip light switch from park 4 x in 3 sec, no horn no lights nothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've actually disconnected that rear module tried a different one and same results.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
241 Posts
FIRST pull parking brake, SECOND turn key to on position without starting vehicle, THIRD flip light switch from park 4 x in 3 sec, no horn no lights nothing.
You checked the relay Headlamp Driver Module? (46 under the hood)

(I would like to exclude all options )

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
In a Trailblazer service manual I found a listing of 29 different TPMS reset procedures. This is the one listed there for the 2006-2007 TrailBlazer. (Edit: also listed for Envoy 2006 to 2009)

TPMS RESET - PROCEDURE 1

NOTE: When the wheels have been rotated, or a tire pressure sensor or EGM/LGM has
been replaced, retrain tire pressure sensors.
NOTE: The DIC will display the "SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" message if one or more of
the tire pressure sensors has malfunctioned or if all of the sensors have not
been programmed successfully. If, after the relearn procedure, the warning
indicators are still on, there is a problem in the TPM system.

NOTE: If this procedure is performed following replacement and reprogramming of the
Liftgate Module (LGM), DIC may display a low tire pressure fault and all tire
pressures read 0 psi. If this problem occurs, see appropriate manufacturer
service information.
NOTE: The TPM system will cancel the learn mode if more than 2 minutes have passed
and no sensors have been learned, or if the system has been in learn mode for
more than 5 minutes. If the learn mode is canceled before any sensor has been
learned, the EGM/LGM will remember all current sensor IDs and their locations.
As soon as the first sensor ID code is learned, all other IDs are erased from the
EGM/LGM's memory. On models that display the individual tire pressure on DIC,
updated tire pressures will not be displayed until EGM/LGM receives 2 more
valid transmissions from each sensor.
NOTE: Before proceeding with the steps below, ensure that no other sensor learn
procedure is being performed simultaneously, or that tire pressures are not
being adjusted on a TPM equipped vehicle within close proximity.

1. Set the tire pressure of all wheels to pressure specified on the tire and loading information label.
2. Turn ignition ON with engine OFF. Apply parking brake.

NOTE: If Learn Mode cannot be enabled, TPM system is not enabled in EGM/LGM.
See appropriate manufacturer service information.

3. To enable Learn Mode, turn headlight switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds. A
double horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash to indicate the learn
mode has been enabled.
4. Starting with left front tire, hold a tire sensor activation tool against the side wall of the tire, within 3
inches of the valve stem. Activate tool until a horn chirp sounds.
5. After horn chirp has sounded, proceed to the next 3 sensors in the following order: right front, right rear
and left rear.
6. After left rear sensor has been learned, turn ignition switch to OFF position to exit Learn Mode.
7. Test drive the vehicle above 25 mph for at least 2 minutes before viewing tire pressures on DIC.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TJ I truly appreciate your efforts in helping me figure this out...
These are the steps that I have tried I'm still not able to get it in program mode thank you I did just try them again just to eliminate any possible missteps on my part.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
So what is the complete story here? Did the system work previously and you replaced the sensors? Is there a possibility that the TPMS somehow got disabled in the LGM? A high level scantool can enable or disable that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I purchased the truck with light on had sensors checked and told that batteries were bad replaced sensors I have not had a high level scan tool put on it, I will do later today...check and see if TPMS in LGM was disabled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please tell me another way of getting into relearn procedure I've tried using light switch 4xin 3 sec I've tried AUTEL I've tried tpms relearn tool what else could possibly be the problem. Just noticed emergency park light is not acknowledged on instrument cluster what could this be
From what I've read this has to be acknowledged before entering programming mode.
Had the same problem a few weeks ago. Tried everything. Decided to just live with it. Had another light come on and out of frustration I disconnected the battery for an hour. Both positive and Negative. Don't know what or why But I have had not lights or codes for two weeks. Worth a try it only costs you a little time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had the same problem a few weeks ago. Tried everything. Decided to just live with it. Had another light come on and out of frustration I disconnected the battery for an hour. Both positive and Negative. Don't know what or why But I have had not lights or codes for two weeks. Worth a try it only costs you a little time.
Thanks Steve I've done it , stayed off for about 5 days then came back on.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
What tool is this?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
What tool is this?
Not so much a tool in the common sense. An ELM327 clone (OBD2 adapter) is an interface device that enables hobbyists to communicate with the vehicle network. There are softwares that can use the device to read codes and display real time diagnostic data. To my knowledge there is no software to do TPMS position learning for you. I researched and studied the protocol/language enough to be able to locate the memory locations where the TPMS sensor IDs were stored and then wrote the sensor IDs for my wheels in where they belonged.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Not so much a tool in the common sense. An ELM327 clone (OBD2 adapter) is an interface device that enables hobbyists to communicate with the vehicle network. There are softwares that can use the device to read codes and display real time diagnostic data. To my knowledge there is no software to do TPMS position learning for you. I researched and studied the protocol/language enough to be able to locate the memory locations where the TPMS sensor IDs were stored and then wrote the sensor IDs for my wheels in where they belonged.
My dude that's sick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Solved : TPMS learn procedure activated 08 LT emergency brake position sensor bad just by accident with center console removed held a screw driver on the e position sensor and grounded to body switched lights on off(4) times herd horn chirp programmed sensors in just a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts