Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 GMC Envoy Denali, replaced all four TPM sensors last month with AC Delco sensors. Immediately after replacing the sensors the dash light came back on and the LF stopped reading intermittently, worse when it was colder (below 40F). This weekend I had the LF replaced again at the dealer and the light came on again this morning. First the tire pressure reading is shown, then after driving a bit more just dashed lines show up, then after a little farther it starts reading again. Then after doing a key cycle the light goes back off and stays off. The other wheels don't have this issue and the dealer will not diagnose it unless the TPMS light is on and the sensor reading is dashed lines. We have taken it in twice and all they did was re-teach the sensors and said that is all they can do. Anyone else have issues with just the LF wheel sensor? Is the receiver module starting to have issues in the tailgate?

**should've have stated when the dash light comes on it flashes and the DIC says "Service Tire Monitor" then after about a minute the dash light stays on solid. According to GM document #07-03-16-004B this flashing indicates a system malfunction but does not elaborate any further and what is malfunctioning other than the sensor may not have transmitted info for 18 minutes of driving.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
2008 GMC Envoy Denali, replaced all four TPM sensors last month with AC Delco sensors. Immediately after replacing the sensors the dash light came back on and the LF stopped reading intermittently, worse when it was colder (below 40F). This weekend I had the LF replaced again at the dealer and the light came on again this morning. First the tire pressure reading is shown, then after driving a bit more just dashed lines show up, then after a little farther it starts reading again. Then after doing a key cycle the light goes back off and stays off. The other wheels don't have this issue and the dealer will not diagnose it unless the TPMS light is on and the sensor reading is dashed lines. We have taken it in twice and all they did was re-teach the sensors and said that is all they can do. Anyone else have issues with just the LF wheel sensor? Is the receiver module starting to have issues in the tailgate?

**should've have stated when the dash light comes on it flashes and the DIC says "Service Tire Monitor" then after about a minute the dash light stays on solid. According to GM document #07-03-16-004B this flashing indicates a system malfunction but does not elaborate any further and what is malfunctioning other than the sensor may not have transmitted info for 18 minutes of driving.
If the dealer installed your sensors, parts and labor are covered under GM warranty. Ask them to replace the defective sensor.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had the LF sensor replaced twice and has not fixed the issue. I understand the labor and parts would be covered under warranty, that isn't the issue. Just replacing the sensor has not resolved the issue and I am trying to find out if anyone else has had an issue like this and what it took to resolve it.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last week the dealer replaced the LF TPM sensor again. It worked fine until this morning, same issue once again. When the dealer had the truck they ran a diagnostic and the only code they found was for the LF wheel sensor. This is the third sensor in this same wheel in the last 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tires have not been rotated since all four new sensors had been installed. Since then the sensor teach procedure has been done numerous times, by two different dealerships and by myself. I have not tried rotating them without re-teaching the wheel position since and seeing if the issue follows the wheel or stays with the left front. I can try doing this and see what happens. The dealer tech ran diagnostics and drove the truck with his scanner prior to installing a third new sensor in the left front wheel and was not able to get the issue to repeat and at that time there were no stored DTC's.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I didn't have time to try rotating the tires. The dealer has had the truck the last three days and ended up replacing the BCM after being able to repeat the issue and contacting GM. Definitely not cheap either. Just got the truck back today so we'll see if the issue shows up again in the morning when my wife is driving to work.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to bring this thread back again....since the BCM replacement the TPMS lights have been off until about a week ago. First the LF quit reading and then the RF stopped. This weekend I rotated tires and retaught the wheel locations and everything was fine until this morning- the TPMS light came on again but all tires pressures were reading.
Does anyone have a wire schematic for the wires that pass through the roof into the lift gate? I'd like to check the harness and at least know what the different wires and pins are going to in that harness.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
tpms issues

I have a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer and am having the same problem with the left front wheel of my truck. I have tried to relearn the sensors going through the relearn process. After I put the truck in learn mode as I scan the sensor with the relearn tool or by letting air out of the tires, the sensor will read on the tool, but will not sound the horn to say it is learning. The other 3 wheels will sound the horn just the driver front will not. I have replaced all 4 sensors and the scan tool tells me they are all working. Can anyone help?????

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Couple things I learned through my experience:
Do not use LED bulbs in the license plate lights- they will interfere with the radio frequencies used by the TPMS system.

I've had the dealership reprogram the tailgate module in order to get my Left Front sensor to read again. They were reluctant to do so since GM does not advise doing this but if you get a new module it will require programming anyway.

Just my experiences and both contributed to my issues.

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
975 Posts
I have a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer and am having the same problem with the left front wheel of my truck. I have tried to relearn the sensors going through the relearn process. After I put the truck in learn mode as I scan the sensor with the relearn tool or by letting air out of the tires, the sensor will read on the tool, but will not sound the horn to say it is learning. The other 3 wheels will sound the horn just the driver front will not. I have replaced all 4 sensors and the scan tool tells me they are all working. Can anyone help?????
I was having all kinds of issues like this including replacing sensors that I had just replaced last year . Still having an issue. I then did some reading and found out which 2 fuses control the LGM and pulled those for 10 minutes . Reinstalled and have not had an issue in like 5 months now . So pull the LGM fuses (block under rear seat) for a few minutes and see if that helps . Personally I think they ought to get rid of tpms . Just another expensive thing to go wrong and is made for people too lazy to check tire pressure once in awhile .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts