Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Trailblazer LS with intermittent problem of TPMS falsely activating on the dash cluster (tires are all at normal pressure), the key fob does not function (new battery) and the rear cargo door is locked- will not open when the vehicle is at rest or running, and will not unlock when the driver side unlock button is pressed. Able to manually unlock rear hatch thru the access hole. Everything returns to normal operation after the TPMS light goes out. I have been able to successfully reset the TPMS system for each wheel, but the TPMS dash light came back on later in the day, same problems with hatch and key fob, and then all was well after start-up the next day. This situation comes and goes with no seeming connection to anything. Haven't yet contacted the local Chevy dealer to see if the service guy has any inside TB info related to this. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
237 Posts
Your problem is in the LGM (Liftgate Control Module ) or the wiring to it. Look here on the forum, there are many topics on this malfunction.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,459 Posts
I agree with Vega_TB. To me it sounds like you have lost communications with the LGM.

·
Registered
101 Posts
TPMS light modes:
Starts Flashing with no noise, stays on and goes off randomly: Communication error

Starts as a SOLID light with BEEPING: pull over and check your tire pressure

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what is happening (flashing TPMS turns to steady light, no noise) and then the key fob doesn't work and the liftgate won't unlock. Carefully checked the wiring at the rear hatch rubber boot connection and all looks well, have 12v power coming to all 3 orange wires, 2v at the blue and continuity in the hatch wiring from the plug to the end items (wiper motor and LGM). After reconnecting the LGM, the lock cycled, TPMS light went out, the key fob is working, and the liftgate is too. We'll see how long this lasts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My truck does the same nonsense. I'm thinking it's probably the LGM. I don't care to start working on it till next year tbh.

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
990 Posts
Look for broken wiring in the rear hatch where it goes from the main body into the rear liftgate . A common issue where the wiring breaks there do to the constant opening and closing of the rear hatch .

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
BECAUSE I'm watching another post where he cannot open his hatch, Imma gotta ask: "Did you roll your rear window down first"?

SUBSCRIBED HERE TOO ... for personal, comeducational reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts