Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for boat trip in tennessee, have p0410 code, since its basically an epa crap code. Shouldnt I be fine towing the boat, or am i looking at this too simply. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's a relatively simple issue. If your P0410 code is from a bad O2 sensor, that's serious and should be looked at before the trip. But you would probably get other codes besides P0410.

If you know FOR CERTAIN that your P0410 is caused by a bad secondary air injection pump, its relay, or the exhaust manifold solenoid valve, or clogged hoses, that's an EPA issue only for addressing emissions during cold starts, and can be safely ignored for normal driving or towing.

Have you done any troubleshooting so far in the vicinity of the air pump?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i just had the ses light come on and had code scanned, only fault is the p0410 fault. I am in full vacation mode and am busy getting boat ready, wasnt going to worry about it until after trip if i could.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trailblazer towed better than expected, it took on jelico mountain on i-75 really well towing a 3000# boat and 1200#of gear and people. I got 13 miles a gallon with a/c on in ohio and northern kentucky, and about 10 miles a gallon in southern kentucky, and tennessee, happy so far, boat trip was graet, now to work on that code.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
13 Posts
Trailblazer towed better than expected, it took on jelico mountain on i-75 really well towing a 3000# boat and 1200#of gear and people. I got 13 miles a gallon with a/c on in ohio and northern kentucky, and about 10 miles a gallon in southern kentucky, and tennessee, happy so far, boat trip was graet, now to work on that code.
I am glad to hear that as I have the same code. Luckily my boat doesn't weigh 3000#. My pump seems to keep running. Anyone have that? It is that high pitched noise all the time. I thought that the air pump was supposed to shut off after a few minutes.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Have you pulled the fuse to disable the pump? Running a 30 Amp turbine all the time is going to kill it in short order. It should only run for 30 seconds on a cold start.

Please confirm it's the air pump under the driver's seat mounted to the frame - it might be the $20 serpentine belt idler pulley if it's just a whine.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
13 Posts
Have you pulled the fuse to disable the pump? Running a 30 Amp turbine all the time is going to kill it in short order. It should only run for 30 seconds on a cold start.

Please confirm it's the air pump under the driver's seat mounted to the frame - it might be the $20 serpentine belt idler pulley if it's just a whine.

You know I am sure you hear this alot, but I am so dang happy you guys have this site. I thought it was the air pump as I just got done fixing the air pump and I thought it sounded like the pump running (which it does). SO I replaced the pulley in literally ten minutes for $18.42. ANd it fixed it. So not only do I not have to bend over and take it in the shorts from some dealer, but I also do not have an annoying whine and its my wifes truck, so I am sure to get lucky as she is pretty happy as well. In all I have to say thanks a lot.

Joe.

p.s. So far the guys on this site are two for two. Lets hope when I get around to replacing that stinking in tank fuel pick up / pump thingy, that I do not have any problems.

Again, thanks to everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts