Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2002 Envoy. 4.2 Inline six, 4WD. 3.42 Rear end. Contemplating buying this from a friend. Original owner, all service done on schedule. Wanting to buy it so I can occasionally tow a 3500 lb boat/trailer combo.. Talked to a trans shop today and he said these trannys were usually done at 150 K miles no matter how well they were treated. Any input is appreciated. c good

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Eh... price it for having to put a $500 junk yard tranny in it, and go to town... Really, though, several people on here have more than that, and haven't had issues... Every high mile vehicle is a risk, but they're priced lower because of that risk...

Mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
36 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid of it. Buy it and have the trans. filter and fliud flushed or changed with a good synthetic fluid. Put on a auxilary trans. cooler in the process and go down the road. If the trans. feels strong enough now, it's not that likely to have a problem anytime soon if you take these measures to help it live.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
u should be fine.

if i were you, this is what i would do.

1. flush and put in new coolant
2. add tranny cooler
3. fully synthetic fluid in tranny
4. get a shift kit from transgo - it will rebuild the valve body in your tranny and really improve a lot of problems that are normal with the tranny, and get it running back in tip top shape.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Terrain and distance come into play too. My Envoy tows a bass boat/trailer rig just fine going on 120K, but trips have been 55 miles on flat Virginia road. Maintain it and it will repay in kind.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts