Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting a cargo trailer for my ascender. I move big stuff around at times and I'd like to have a trailer to hitch on to and pull around to put bigger stuff in. Was wondering where I might be able to find one and how it would workout with my ascender being it's only a v6.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
you ascender should do great towing the trailer, do you know how big of a trailer you want and how much weight you going to put on the trailer?; the 4.2L I-6 is pretty good with towing up to about 4500-5000lbs depending on your options. I have towed many different boats of different weights with my rainier and had no problems the only time I ever strained was when i towed a load of cinder and paiving blocks. but these rigs are pretty good for towing

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I don't tow often, but have a few times and my TB has done fine. I towed a car on a trailer with my old 04 TB with the I-6. It worked a little on the hills, but did fine. From reading other posts on towing, if you are going to be doing frequent towing on the heavier side, a tranny cooler might be a good investment. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more detailed info on that.

As far as where to find one ... in our area there is a dealership at Rt. 819 & Rt. 22. I never stopped or looked closely, but it looks like there is a decent selection. It's off of 819 heading toward Greensburg on the left hand side. I'm not sure if Valero's or Cooper's sells trailers other than motorhome/campers, but you could try looking there to. They might be able to head you in the right direction if they don't have them.

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to look for that dealership drummedic. I'd have to look around and actually see some trailers to see what exactly I would want, but I'm leaning towards an enclosed trailer. The length of the trailer on the picture of ssmedt's looks good though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question if you dont mind. What's a fair price for an enclosed trailer? 4ft wide x 6ft long would do the trick but i'd like to go with more length if I find something decent.

Thanks alot for your help so far guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts