Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...forgive me if this is in the wrong spot, I'm new and getting used to this site. :)

I am moving this weekend and renting a 5'x10' trailer from the local U-Haul. I own a 2004 Trailblazer that came with the towing package, but I can't figure out how to connect the wiring from the trailer to my truck. On my truck is a black plastic cap to the left of the towing bracket that unscrews. I can see the wiring behind the cap, but cannot get the stupid cap off to expose anything to plug into! Any thoughts?

I know I'll have to probably pick up one of the 4-terminal adapters before I pick up the trailer, but that will do me no good if I can't figure out how to plug anything into it in the first place!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thx

·
Registered
804 Posts
My cap over the connection is spring loaded. All the more I have to do is just lift the cap and plug in the connection. But the trucks come with a 7 or 8(depends on who you ask and what all they count) connection. I also got a 4 pin adapter since the trailer I use the most is only a 4 pin. If you could take pics of what you are trying to unscrew or anything like that that would help...

We here are very picture oriented if you havent figured that out.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. This cap screws completely off, but takes the wiring with it. I don't know if maybe it's just never been used and is stuck on, but I don't want to try to force it and break it either.

The tire you see in the background is the spare...

Attachments

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
W.

T.

F.

I have seriously never seen anything like that...

maybe try pulling off the part that you can grab, on there?? Maybe that is a cover for a 4-pin connector or something?

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved!

Since no one has ever seen this, I decided just to go out to my truck, get down on the ground and pull hard. It worked! Who knew? LOL :eek:

Turns out that if you unscrew the cap from the bracket that holds it in place on the frame of the car, and then pull it really hard it'll pop off of the connector. I had tried that before, but I didn't want to pull so hard that I broke something.

We all learned something new! :) Have a great weekend everyone!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Never saw such a thing. Can you take a pic of what's underneath? Assume it's the standard 7-pin Bargman connector. (6 flat blades surrounding a round center pin). I've got a 2004, and haven't seen anything but a spring loaded flap door except on some go-fast SS trailblazers.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
WOW! Thread of the Day! Need more pics PLEASE. I've never seen that before

EDIT!!!

Look closely at the bottom right of the cap... See the indentation in the metal? Look as though you are supposed to pry that cap off... :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
WOW... WTF is right...
never seen that one before!!!:grouphug: <--- TV members conferring on what we just saw....

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
forgot to add...
please add some side shots, shots with cap off etc...

thread of the day is right!!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
this morning- 1st Trailblazer I checked out in rush hour traffic--- had the same connector cap as the original poster...

ODD.

Had never seen these before. It was an EXT.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
152 Posts
I've never seen anything aside from the 7-pin with the spring-loaded flap, either. That's really odd. Definitely would like to see more pics! :undecided:undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
I think that is a peg group 1a. a model without tinted windows or key fob or rear deforst ect. I believe that the spring loded plug is an option on that model. Anyone with a peg group 1a can maybe confurm? Jay

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. This cap screws completely off, but takes the wiring with it. I don't know if maybe it's just never been used and is stuck on, but I don't want to try to force it and break it either.

The tire you see in the background is the spare...
I dont think thats a factory wireing I think its a blank insert.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts