Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have to place a new tranny cooler in but was also curious if the cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, or anything else would also help with towing. I really like my 04 I6 TB and want just a little more help in towing without breaking the budget.
Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
Unless you also have your PCM tuned, not so much. A tune from PCMforLess is pretty cheap and will do more for you than anything else.

BTW, fill out your user profile so we know a little more about your truck when you post questions. And welcome!

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
what are you trying to tow? the towing ability of our trucks is a little above average for a mid-size SUV and a lot of people tow some pretty heavy loads; my heavist was ~5000lbs but i tow my boat almost every weekend. the throttlebody spacer is a waste of money; air intake may help a little but i would think that it is more for looks and the noise it makes than really and advantage to towing. the main advantage for heavy loads is the tranny cooler and a tune as stated above. Do you know what rear gears you have?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
These are all listed in the RPO codes listed in the Research section; GU6=3.42 gears' GT4=3.73, and (very rare) GT5=4.10. Also the G80 is the locking differential. You will find them on the inside of the glove box door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts