Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i think that this is where i need to put this, but i am looking for factory tow hooks for the front of a 2002 TB. anyone think that they can help me out please let me know

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
721 Posts
They were an option. You can buy them from the parts department at your local dealer.

Otherwise, you can find them in the boneyards.

I wouldn't mind getting a set myself, but I'm not going to pay for new ones. I'll come across a set in my travels. I just have to be patient.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
well eventually i plan on yanking mine off and replaced with something else.. but eventually is anytime between now and 3 years... but yea talk i'm sure someone has a set they took off for new bumpers, or off-road bumpers...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was also thinking of getting these but I heard that on some grille guards that hook on under your truck to the frame and threw the opening in the bumper (where the hooks come threw) to the frame.. that you get new hooks as the stock ones might not fit still.. So I've been holding off till I order that.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
that you get new hooks as the stock ones might not fit still
i know the hooks dont work with alot of the grill guards.. but i have not heard a single person getting new hooks with them, as i have not read any place stating they come with new hooks..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i am heading out to AZ at the end of JAN, so I will just say whnes good gor you?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I was also thinking of getting these but I heard that on some grille guards that hook on under your truck to the frame and threw the opening in the bumper (where the hooks come threw) to the frame.. that you get new hooks as the stock ones might not fit still.. So I've been holding off till I order that.
I dont know if he was able to reuse his tow hooks or not but I know JamesDowning's brush guard uses the openings where the tow hooks are. My brush guard goes down under the bumper (Polar Bear Brush Guard). Mine uses four bolts to secure the mounting bracket to the frame then another four bolts to secure the brush guard to the mounting brackets, and I can adjust the angle of mine, comes in handy when I have to take the grill out:D. I also have a strap on the top that connects just under the hood so it the brush guard doesnt move (I am also going to add one to the other side and beef them up a bit just to make sure they dont move:bonk:) I think James had a Wagg which is generally used by police department vehicles and he said his doesnt move.

If you dont know what brush guard you are getting hold off on ordering or getting any if you do know which one you are getting then figure out the mounting for it and buy them.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
are tow hooks that important?

OK i know its prob a couple of stupid questions but I'm new to the whole
SUV thing. I'm planning on getting a brush guard this week and was wondering how important the tow hooks really are i mean if i get stuck cant i just be towed out from the back. And if the brush guard takes the place of the tow hooks wouldn't it be sturdier. Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
brush guards only do just that, guard you from brush, small sticks ect. It will help if you tap into something, but for the most part are not all that strong.

If you tried to get pulled out from a brush guard, it will get ripped off your truck.

Also, front tow points are very important, What if you are following someone on a narrow trail, and you get stuck? There is no way for the guy to get around behind you and pull you out. Plus wouldn't you rather get pulled thru the obstical you couldn't get through instead of having to get pulled backward, trying again, or finding another way around.

Get the hooks, its worth it. I ditched the foglights on my dakota cause that was the only way to have access to put front hooks on. Skip the brush guard, get the hooks and spend the money on something worthwhile.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When i get back from florida (next week)..:cry:
I will pm you when i find them..
you going to be in or around FL/GA area around 24 of Jan? we are trying to get a meet going in or near ATl at that time you think you could come? i want to see a lifted TB and I dont think i am going to lol

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
39 Posts
so the question still lingers is there a brush guard on the market for the trailvoy that lets us utilize the both the tow hooks and guard?
i would like to be able to have both available to me as i work my rig up from stock to off raod worthy.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
is it possible to have front tow hooks and fog lights (factory) I want both and have niether

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
is it possible to have front tow hooks and fog lights (factory) I want both and have niether
yea my LT has stock fogs and stock tow... the hooks go more inside.. the fogs go to the outside corner of the bumper..

u can kinda see it in this pic..

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
yea my LT has stock fogs and stock tow... the hooks go more inside.. the fogs go to the outside corner of the bumper..

u can kinda see it in this pic..
What year is your LT? My '05 LS front bumper is trashed and needs to be replaced. I like the looks of your bumper better than mine. The grill on mine is identical to yours. I assume the LT bumper can replace the LS bumper.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
mine is a '03... and yea the 05 they changed it.. i think it can be a simple change between one and the other..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts