Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i have an '05 Envoy..with Onstar and the Delphi amp..( I believe...well thats what it says on the unit under the drivers side rear seat)..

I have a VRVD630 headunit,.. yes a walmart radio,.. I'm not rich ,.. so this one will do..

I have the GMOS-04 adapter ..

I tried hooking up the unit , but it seems that something is wrong or missing ....

It has the RCA plugs that hook up to the RCA outputs of the headunit,.. all I get out of the speakers is very low sound.. I turn up the headunit and get music/pop cuts out ...etc... if I turn it down a little then I hear the music,.. at first it seems sound is to only come from front speakers only,..but I did get rear speaker sound as well .. I have adjusted the line output or what ever on the adapter unit ,.. I turned it down,.. but still the more I turn up the headunit ,.. it gets to about low level listening , any higher and it starts to pop..

It seems as if the amp or something isn't coming on... I do have the amp turn on wire connected and if I disconnect it then the vehicle has to be running to get the same sound from speakers.., but no change otherwise...,.. .

When I hook the factory radio back up everything works perfectly ,.. so amp is good speakers are good,.. just dont know where I went wrong or what else I would need,.. I dont want to pay an installer $150 to do something simple....

Please help !!!! :bonk:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think I have a Bose... it is Delphi ... which I dont think is a Bose.. the Factory head unit doesnt say Bose either,.. anyway ,.. if so how would I bypass them...

when I disconnect the blue amp turn on wire with the vehicle not running then All speakers shut off..( that when I connect the new unit with the above problems)... but if I disconnect the same wire while the vehicle is running ,.. nothing happens,.. speakers still play at low volume..

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
URGENT ....

OK I JUST FOUND OUT I DONT HAVE AN AMP.....so how is my system sound so loud,.. that power just comes from the factory radio???? Ponderous,..

ANYWAY ... so with that out of the way ,.. I have an '05 Envoy with Onstar only...but I have the GMOS-04 adapter ...which is for the factory amp,.. which I dont have ,.. so what do I need to do,.. get another adapter...or can I still use this one some how,.????

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dragster Competition 15" .... It really hits pretty hard,.. i got it at a stereo shop for $25 .... lol...it not a cheap speaker ,.. they just didnt want to sell that brand anymore,.. I had dragster woofers and amps in my Avalanche,.. and they hit hard...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts