Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to totally bypass my heater..front and back.....not at firewall , because hose runs thru three way switch.....just simple old fashion loop to bypass ......which hose comes from engine? Which hose returns? Some reason 2002 schematic just does not seem like its available...no the 2003 shows no threeway....2004 , 2005 same thing......has nobody ever had to do this....I live in tropical climate..dont need heat.....please help old school simple bypass sheeeesh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if this diagram is for all model years, but is for the LWB models. Hope it helps.
This seems to be the closest thing yet......I would guess that in a roundabout way that eventually if I looped 7 to 8 that would make my bypass.....only logical conclusion....this schematic , after extensive tracing, seems to be exact match of my system.....if anyone is concerned about results I could give mine after......also I thought that the rear heater core lines ran on drivers side after looping over tranny.....but my leak is above frame on passenger side just above door.......blocking that line from triple t did nothing to stop leak......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just saw a post saying 7 to 3 makes the loop....anyone have a comment?......if I traced 7 all the way and cut line , started car and water flowed out would that not tell me outtake then vice versa on 8 ? Is it possible 8 is feed to rear? I'm not even seeing a 3 feed on my block ...now I'm back to ground zero as to what to cut.....any suggestions? Like maybe just disconnect from firewall find feed trace it back to block then find other ( trace it back to 3 way stitch then back to block ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
What I'm seeing is 7 is the inlet into the engine and 8 is the outlet. 16 is the hose going to the rear heater core, and 1 is the line coming back from rear heater core, then through 2 and 3. I've never actually done this on a Trailblazer but have on others, but I'm guessing you could get a short piece of heater hose for 7 and one for 8, and a plug in the end of each hose held on by a hose clamp.

I'm glad you asked this question, because if my rear heater hoses start leaking I'm bypassing just the rear heater core. I did see a video on Youtube on how to block the AC lines going to the rear on a Tahoe as well, so I think that could be done on a Trailblazer too. They were just caps that screwed onto the ends of the AC lines going to the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts