Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
OurZoo said:
I had her up to 115 late one night on the 101 North courtesy of my Westers tune. She didn't shut down, but I didn't feel like pushing lady luck on non Z rated tires so I slowed down. That and the other cars were coming up fast.
Well mine are Z rated, Toyo makes some really cool tiers for crusing around, and its for speeds over 220Kmh, mine can go only 200Kmh, so ... ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
SSGUIDO said:
Does those limits include the SS. Still breaking mine in so havent seen 400 miles to go the I'll but the peddle to the metal. On My truck I took the limiter off with the tune.
The SS is limited to around 135MPH - that is without the Vector Tune...I know this from computer simulation only.:rotfl:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
119 Posts
Reached 122 mph last night with my LS base 05. It could go further but a
stupid Toyota Corolla driver got on my way :hissy: .

·
International Chapter
3,900 Posts
subiemutt said:
Don't you hate when that slow driver gets in your way...:hissy: .
YEP !:mad:
look at my signature, i use to have a bumber sticker saying that " a custome one ofcourse " ;) :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
subiemutt said:
Don't you hate when that slow driver gets in your way...:hissy:
That happens to me all the time. My fastest fun in my WRX is 140...
Ricer........ :rotfl:

I can so do that now!!!!!! HAHA Buddy!!!

I will NEVER take my TB over maybe 85 on the freeway, way too dangerous for me, especially with the trail tires now. :eek:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Fastest I have had my TB was 90. I had to pass a retard driving next to me that was all over. Had to get ahead fast. Other than that, the kids keep me slow in the TB. I have too much to lose.

Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE SPEED.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
That's funny you brought this up, I went to Vegas last weekend and had the TV up to 113 - 120 on the stretch, still had pedal to go, may be it was because of going down hill I guess, but the needle was pent to the max. The pedal wasn't tho. No tunes, no chips, just stock with chevron gas, techron, and the music to the comforts of my taste.

·
Registered
866 Posts
only engine power is limited by the govenor, it cant literally slow the car it just stops the power, so downhill you could hit whatever you want. my fastest was 145 in an acura TL.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
295 Posts
juventus1983 said:
only engine power is limited by the govenor, it cant literally slow the car it just stops the power, so downhill you could hit whatever you want. my fastest was 145 in an acura TL.
My TL is governed at 155. I've only taken it over 100 once though... it's just not worth it.

·
International Chapter
3,900 Posts
subiemutt said:
ok Gramps :dielaugh:
I pulled my brothers truck home from Wyoming at about 87ish all the way.
And once a SUBARU enthusiast always one..

:laugh: :rotfl: :dielaugh: :D

Just to give you guys an idea about how serious speed is here in Saudi, since like we have the MOST highes death rate " by speed " in car accedant's a new LAW was issiued, check this out,
since LAST week only,
if you got cought doing 130Km to 150Km, 1 day in jail 500Sr fine and you're car gets held by the police for 1 day also ..
if you get cought doing 150Km to 180Km, 5 days in jail, 1000Sr fine and the car gets 5 days in jail :laugh: ..
if you get cought doing 180Km to 200Km + , well then you've really don it, 1 month in jail, the judge give s number, and youre car gets god knows how many days in the yerd, and youre license is DEAD !!

And the traffic police ars dead serious, you can actually see the Yellow " bluebird " school bus's " why is it called Bluebird and its always yellow ?? " taken the victumes " of speed traps " to jail every day now, though they just keep them there for houers as a lesson :p

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're going to see some serious sh*t"

- Doc Brown

·
Registered
866 Posts
85? Seriously do you think you can drive the car or just look good in it? i go 85 in my hotwheel. the limits here are either 60 or 70, and no one obeys that, you grannys would get eaten up in dallas/ft worth!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
99 Posts
Fastest I've been was 160+ in my T/A (speedo pegs at 160). Never gone over 90 in the trailblazer, but It takes a pretty empty road to get me over 100 and these TBs arent really meant for that kind of speed.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
23 Posts
occasionally speed is definitely fun on long drives when there's noone else around. I've seen 114mph downhill... and that wasn't floored (was afraid to do anymore, although i don't think there was that much more to do as the RPM was way up there), and I've gotten it to 108 or so going UPHILL on a long but not-too steep grade. The suspension on these trucks isn't quite up for high speeds though - our Mercedes ML500 is much better at 80+mph speeds.

I'm glad someone finally asked this question - I've been wondering what other people's TB's could do...

21 - 40 of 43 Posts