Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the top speed of the Trailvoys? Mine cuts out at a tick under 110mph. Does anyone know what the top speed is ungoverned?

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
02TrailblazerLS said:
What is the top speed of the Trailvoys? Mine cuts out at a tick under 110mph. Does anyone know what the top speed is ungoverned?
Mine is 200Km and nota 1Km more, though the other guys here " LT and LTZ " get the same as you !:D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
358 Posts
I ran mine right up to 117, 118mph. :cool: cruised on by my friends tundra as the computer shut him off at 105mph. only done it once though. scared i might blow something... :undecided like the engine :rotfl: :laugh: :D

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2,903 Posts
SWBs cut out at 110mph or so normally... EXTs and XLs cut out between 97-100mph... mine is 97... :duh:

·
Registered
370 Posts
nando408 said:
I ran mine right up to 117, 118mph. :cool: cruised on by my friends tundra as the computer shut him off at 105mph. only done it once though. scared i might blow something... :undecided like the engine :rotfl: :laugh: :D

Yea, you know only Japanese and German engines can handle over 100mph... :rolleyes:

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
tj willy said:
Yea, you know only Japanese and German engines can handle over 100mph... :rolleyes:
Um...not really :rolleyes:
may be that was true in the 80's but not now, i ran mine up to 200Kmh and it cuts there !! but the thing is at 200 i was really impressed cuz the RPM was only 4500 !!!:eek: yep
while in my old 98 Mercedec E240 " which is a 2.4 6i " i use to ran up to 210Kmh and the rpm would be at 6000 RPM..
and over here in Saudi we have like 50% of all amercian cars in the gulf and you can see'em all over 100mph " which is almost 160Kmh right? " and am not talking only about 2000+ models even 90's and some times 80's !! :yes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
LS1 can out run any Foreign engine

tj willy said:
Sorry man! but no way! I had a 98 Camaro Z28, had it over 100mph all the time, over 140mph three times. The harder you run those things the better they run. No Jap or German engine ever kept up with me.:rotfl:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,716 Posts
What about ITALIAN cars?? They are better then all the rest!

Ferrari, Lamborghini etc.

:thumbsup: Forza Italia!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Crazy Italian kid with a V8 :crazy: JK dude:D Ghoster, may I suggest a 16oz hammer for that computer problem :yes:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
ltz03 said:
westers tune should get rid of the limiter. how fast do you want to go in a suv?
mine is still there and i talked to westers about it. brian told me that Lydon hasn't found where the speed limiter is set in the ECM as of yet. at least in the 2002 ecm. ltz03 have you actually witnessed lack of limit?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,293 Posts
Why does everyone want to get rid of the limiter, and where are you guys driving 100+???

I've been up there only a few times on the highway that I can count on one hand while responding to emergencies, and even then I was probably not being realistic about the cost benefit of driving even over 90.

I just hope you guys are doing this on the track, for your own safety

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I had her up to 115 late one night on the 101 North courtesy of my Westers tune. She didn't shut down, but I didn't feel like pushing lady luck on non Z rated tires so I slowed down. That and the other cars were coming up fast.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I hit the limiter on my 02 TB on Friday afternoon, the PCM kept jerking the fuel back, so I was bouncing back and forth until I let off a little on the gas. I think I only hit about 105-106 tops, but for the people going faster in SWB TBs, check your tires. If you have any aftermarket tires, that will change your speed.:m2:

Oh, and the TB SSs are limited at 130mph, not at 105-107 like the regular ones are. They also have performance tires rated to at least 130, unlike the regular ones.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts