Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering all the tools needed to take apart the front suspension on the 2005 Chevy Trailblazer

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
105 Posts
Start small, determine exactly what you want to disassemble (brake discs, replacing the hub, replacing the brake pads, replacing the upper and lower ball) Watch the video on YouTube.
Here you will need EVERYTHING from a small metal brush to clean parts to a piece of pipe as a lever.
With experience, you will understand what tool you need.
Good luck in repair :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start small, determine exactly what you want to disassemble (brake discs, replacing the hub, replacing the brake pads, replacing the upper and lower ball) Watch the video on YouTube.
Here you will need EVERYTHING from a small metal brush to clean parts to a piece of pipe as a lever.
With experience, you will understand what tool you need.
Good luck in repair :)
Well the thing is tomorrow i'm heading to my grandparents to gut a blazer they have out there for parts, and i was trying to come up with a list so we could spend less time looking for what we need. We plan to take apart the entire front suspension into it's individual assemblys.

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
105 Posts
Well the thing is tomorrow i'm heading to my grandparents to gut a blazer they have out there for parts, and i was trying to come up with a list so we could spend less time looking for what we need. We plan to take apart the entire front suspension into it's individual assemblys.
Then you need something like this. And take care of a good wrench that will allow you to create a good effort to loosen the sour bolts.
P.S There are never too many tools 😀
JW.jpg VR.jpg

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
259 Posts
Lotsa luck and don't forget to drink plenty of water . Oh , and , pack a lunch and dinner ... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts