Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was changing my spark plugs, the ones I bought 2 years ago. After I finished, I replaced my left turn signal bulb to fix the hyperflash. Then for some reason I decided to take out the 3rd row seats. I've never used those seats in the past 4 years of owning the truck! There's so much room now!!! I can fit a small tent in there :D The sub's now all hidden away and I tidied up all the wiring (fixed my ground problem too).

Pics tomorrow, or tonight if i can find my camera :D It's a definate mod for anyone with an EXT and never uses those seats:yes:

PICS!

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seats had this 5" raise in the floor when they were folded down. It was so awkward to transport boxes and stuff. They were only held on by 6 bolts, easy mod :yes:

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you never use them, you should definitely take them out!

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
889 Posts
Also, was it pretty simple? I mean, does it seem like it'd be pretty easy to get the whole thing back in again? And would anyone have the torque specs for the bolts/nuts. There has to be some, they don't do anything without torquing everything down these days to a specific number.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They're really simple to take out and put back in. As for specs, i would just tighten them as much as i could. Those bolts are at least 5/8" thick! The black knobs cover up the 3 studs where the seats bolt up to. I think they're welded onto the chassis :undecided

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
47 Posts
They're really simple to take out and put back in. As for specs, i would just tighten them as much as i could. Those bolts are at least 5/8" thick! The black knobs cover up the 3 studs where the seats bolt up to. I think they're welded onto the chassis :undecided
When I got my Voy from the original owner he had the dealer remove the 3rd row upon delivery and kept it out the whole time. Like previously posted, easy to tighten down on those huge honkin' bolts. Was missing one of the caps but its not terribly noticable with the seats in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.