Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got in the floor on the drivers side to take out the screws holding my dash on, because I'm putting in a new cd player. Anywho, I noticed a small on/off toggle switch. What on earth is this for?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have the stock keyless entry, and the wiring coming from it looks like factory wiring. I'm so confused :confused:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's not a factory switch. Trace the wires back and see what's at the other end. Are you the original owner? I agree it's most likely an aftermarket system, so I'm going to move this to the Audio & Electronics forum.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, that's what it looks like actually, an aftermarket keyless and/or security system, but I wasn't given anything but a single stock remote when I bought the vehicle. I didn't think it was a factory switch. Would it be alright to unplug that module that it's running to?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Try and get a brand name off of the unit. There are some types of aftermarket remote starts that allow you to utilize the OEM key fob.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I'll have to do that later and post when I do. Sorry to ask a dumb question, what is FOB?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
For more etymology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_fob

A key fob is a generally decorative and at times useful item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. Key fobs are often called "key rings" or "key chains" in colloquial usage. The word fob may be linked to the low German dialect for the word Fuppe, meaning "pocket", however, the real origin of the word is unknown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man I've been asking everybody that question I've never got a real answer?? It's not the owner manual and I can't find anything on Google?? Does anyone have a answer if it's stock what it would be?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts