Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I'm doing final preps to head out of town tomorrow. I decided to take some things out of the rear floor compartment that I won't need (detailing supplies :D) since it's winter and put in things I will like Tow strap, jumper cables etc.

Well along with detailing supplies I had several towels of different types and sizes, my 7-prong adapter, gorilla wrench and a spare quart of Mobil 1. I'm guessing it's been in there since 2006. Well I'm taking everything out and I notice the oil container is empty and the walmart bag it was wrapped in is all oil covered. My first thought was F**K! Well it turns out the (2) blue glass microfiber towels and red shop rags that were under it absorbed all the oil along with a new pair of leather gloves. The carpet was untouched! :woohoo:So I ruined some new gloves and some towels but otherwise crisis averted.

So, let this be a lesson, don't carry spare oil laying on it's side! This was a brand new sealed quart!

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow sponge you are lucky, glad to hear the tb will not have any strange stains :thumbsup:
Actually, the nice thing about having the dark charcoal interior is it probably wouldn't show anyway!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
yea but i twoudl have drove u nuts knowing its there... wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the nite and start to see oil spots everywhere... :D

glad u missed the mess...

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I would just seal the lid shut and pretend it's not there. :D

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
rip up the carpet, weld over a cover put down new carpet...

then in 2 months u would start hearing voices from the back of the TB..

"why did u forget bout us...."
"we are soaked in oil..."
"clean us... clean us..."

then the white coats come for poor old spong...

:crackup:

and on a side note for the big game coming up...

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guys with the Zaino white coats already stop by on a regular basis. :coffee

I don't follow football real close but I'm guessing you're talking about a Packers-Bears game? If so, my father in-law will have a bet going with my brother in-law from Chicago and I'll be hearing about it when we're there! lol

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
The guys with the Zaino white coats already stop by on a regular basis. :coffee

I don't follow football real close but I'm guessing you're talking about a Packers-Bears game? If so, my father in-law will have a bet going with my brother in-law from Chicago and I'll be hearing about it when we're there! lol
i'm sure they drive by ur house on a daily basis... once they see ya with the hose out in -3 degree weather thats when there taken u in....

and yea gunna be a long game today lol

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm sure they drive by ur house on a daily basis... once they see ya with the hose out in -3 degree weather thats when there taken u in....

and yea gunna be a long game today lol
I have no idea what you're talking about.

You mean because it's winter with snow on the ground, you can't wash your car outside? lol

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Your not alone spong..
My wife has to put salt down around the TB to keep
the ice from acumilating..This year we stored the TB
till winter is over..
We are driveing this till april..
BTW..that compartment makes a good beer cooler..LOL..

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
349 Posts
I had a few frozen beers explode in mine on a ski trip. Also left a gallon of anti-freeze laying sideways in there. Was a nice little mess.

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be afraid of putting anything liquid like beer or antifreeze in there! i never thought a new sealed quart of oil would leak out but it did.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
I got something to add to that list! Don't keep an old battery in there for long! Had this old battery (only like 3 year old though) I was going to take back to Walmart and get replaced because it was still under warranty. Well, I kinda forgot about it for about a month. When I went back there, some of it had leaked out and part of the carpet was soaked! I kinda lost it at that point and went into damage control!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
346 Posts
I've had M1 stored on it's side leak in the past. It was in my Explorer sitting in the cargo area and soaked the carpet.:mad:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I would be afraid of putting anything liquid like beer or antifreeze in there! i never thought a new sealed quart of oil would leak out but it did.
The thought procdess of Spong's Mobil 1 quart of oil:

<sigh>. It's so boring here in this stupid storage compartment. Nothing to do, Not getting used, just sitting here for what, 3 years now? I've had it! (using telepathy, the Mobil 1 manages to crack it's lit slightly). Ha ha! I will lweak all over these items! They'll be ruined! Bwahahahahaha.. Wait, what's that? Is it? Zaino? Wait, there's another bottle....and another...and another. Oh SH**!! This can only be Spong's truck! I have heard about him. Oh no! Oh no! Abort Abort Abort!!!! Go on the towles, THE TOWELS ONLY! Okay maybe the gloves too, NOT THE CARPET!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I bet it went something like that anyway.

Glad the carpet was saved :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
yea but i twoudl have drove u nuts knowing its there... wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the nite and start to see oil spots everywhere... :D

glad u missed the mess...
rip up the carpet, weld over a cover put down new carpet...

then in 2 months u would start hearing voices from the back of the TB..

"why did u forget bout us...."
"we are soaked in oil..."
"clean us... clean us..."

then the white coats come for poor old spong...

:crackup:
The thought procdess of Spong's Mobil 1 quart of oil:

<sigh>. It's so boring here in this stupid storage compartment. Nothing to do, Not getting used, just sitting here for what, 3 years now? I've had it! (using telepathy, the Mobil 1 manages to crack it's lit slightly). Ha ha! I will lweak all over these items! They'll be ruined! Bwahahahahaha.. Wait, what's that? Is it? Zaino? Wait, there's another bottle....and another...and another. Oh SH**!! This can only be Spong's truck! I have heard about him. Oh no! Oh no! Abort Abort Abort!!!! Go on the towles, THE TOWELS ONLY! Okay maybe the gloves too, NOT THE CARPET!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I bet it went something like that anyway.

Glad the carpet was saved :yes:

Chris
its almost like we know u or something spong...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts